• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #27 - Broken - (ENTRY HERE)

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
Post your single entry for Photo Assignment #27: Broken - in this thread.

Your photograph has to have been taken between now and Midnight Monday - March 29th, 2010.

Please refrain from commenting on photographs (yours and others) in this thread until after the winner has been selected. Any comments posted prior to the announcement of a winner will be deleted. Photographs should stand on their own for your interpretation of 'Broken'.

You may post only one entry, but you may change it any time until Midnight Monday March 29th 2010.

Last edited by a moderator:
SNC00009.jpg

First off, My apologies if the contest this time was too ambiguous, that was not my intent.

Tracker: You definitely went though the most effort to capture a Broken themed image. I just wish you would not had tried so hard... don't you know how long it is going to take to heal? OUCH :nana:. As for your photo of a photo (x-ray), I don't really know just how to critique it. You captured the image well, and the x-ray tech did a pretty good job too. I think I can even see the texture of your cast wrapping as well ???? (maybe not??).

Voni: While I do not know what kind of snake that is ... uhm..WAS, it is truly broken. I would guess that it got caught in a lawn mower, but we all know that no grass grows out your way :-P. Much like Trackers photo, I am having a difficult time coming up with a critique. I think if anything this subject could benefit from a different perspective composition wise. You defiantly have adequate lighting, may be a bit harsh, but I am nit picking (middle of the day, sun high in the sky?). You captured some real nice color and the focus is crisp.

M38A1: Looks like you loaded just a tad too much powder. The lighting is smooth and the focus is sharp. I appreciate that you composed it in such a fashion that the casing mfg & cal is in view and in focus.

SheNadya: Looks like another example of my sisters driving. I swear she has backed into more objects than all the other people I know combined. NEVER PARK BEHIND HER. The busted tail light is a great example of something Broken. There are some harsh highlights coming / reflected from the flash, and I think I see some camera shake (motion blur) in the image as well. The image just appears a little soft to me.

In the end I can only chose one, and for this contest I chose M38A1. The combination of lighting, and composition is what weighted my choice.

Thanks.
Duke

Thanks Duke..... I really thought about what you were trying to get at by "broken" and it was this or a big chocolate shaped heart leftover from Valentines day that I broke in half and placed on a bed of whipped cream. As in "Broken Heart....." Jeez, now I'm hungry.

I'll get Assignment #28 up shortly.

Great job Scott! Can't wait to see what your next choice is.

My image wasn't great but couldn't pass up the opportunity to submit. Broke the taillight yesterday morning just for this thread...

OR... because a sign happened to be in EXACTLY the right spot that I couldn't see it in my rear view mirror, it wasn't tall enough to see over the tailgate and it just happened to miss the fender. Oh well, guess I'll figure out where to find car parts online now and order a replacement.

Nice job, Scott. Good subject, lighting, color and comp. :thumb:

Back