• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Get a grip! ...wow my forearms are actually burning

Reaction score
First Name
Reuben
Last Name
Bakker
So I was out and about doing some shopping with the family since it was too cold to ride today (on the first day of spring I might add :doh:). Picked up one of these guys on sale at Big 5:

412_large_image.jpg

I had someone tell me once before how great these things were, but holy crap! I wasn't expecting it to actually feel like a little mini workout at my desk. All my grip muscles in my hands and forearms got a good little burn going, and it's kind of a fun geeky gadget too. Should be a good way to improve grip and condition those forearms while slogging away on the computer all day. The model I got does up to 25lbs resistance, they make one that actually has a motorcycle grip that does 40lbs - might have to pick that up.

Check it out: http://www.dynaflexpro.com/store.php?crn=216&rn=450&action=show_detail

http://www.prohands.net/products/gripmaster.php

details-heavy.jpg

I've got a pair of these in the 9lbs, that's 9lbs a finger. You'll find out just how weak your hands really are with these.

yeah I've tried something similar to that at a music store. Definitely not easy! I play guitar so finger strength is definitely important.

I just can't get over how this little gyro ball is getting my whole forearms sore just spinning it here at my desk. I should probably stop or I'll be sore in the morning :lol2:

I just watched a couple youtube vids on the ball. That's pretty neat and would be a different exercise then the gripmasters.

I still have one of those from the 80's. They originally came out from NordicTrac and I got one then. They do so much more than just your hand and wrist like most squeeze exercisers to. Be careful though, you will start having Popeye arms. The more of your arm that you lift up, the more muscle groups are effected.

Back