• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Georgia O'Keeffe & motorcycles

Reaction score
We went to the National Cowgirl Hall of Fame today to see the Georgia O'Keeffe exhibit: The Faraway Places: Image and Nature. It was fantastic. I highly recommend it. Not only are there O'Keefe originals, but also photographs (also oiriginals) by Eliot Porter and Ansel Adams of O'Keefe, places she painted and placed they shared on outing trips (river, hiking, camping, etc).

I found this photo and fell in love with it. It is the only photo I have ever seen of her smile so heartily like this. And she's on a motorcycle. It will hang in an honored place on a wall in my house.

815810453_pSDVm-M.jpg

A selection of color photographic murals -huge murals- adorn the walls or sections of walls, places in New Mexico where Georgia camped and painted, returning time and time again. I can see why; I am drawn to them myself. I, too, want to visit and photograph them. And I will.

O'Keefe paintings:
815828085_3KgNf-M.jpg

815828040_xLsNb-M.jpg

A photograph:
815846089_uHmCs-L.jpg

Re: Georgia O'Keefe & motorcycles

:clap:

Thanks, Elzi! I am sorry that did not make it to this Exhibit.

Incredible photo! Thank you for sharing. O'Keeffe's paintings have always inspired me. Seeing her on a bike is awesome!

Cool! I will make it a point to go!
Wait until you see the gigantic photographic mural of one of her favorite places, the Black Place. You can almost 'walk' into it. I love the many renditions she painted of that place.

The photograph of Georgia on the motorcycle is for sale in the museum gift shop. I photographed it to post up after we got back.

I'm working but Sus should be available...

We will see when you are off. Friday is my only day off this week so now I have a bunch of stuff to do.
Next weekend is my regular weekend off. Are you off then? I think it's Good Friday.

We will see when you are off. Friday is my only day off this week so now I have a bunch of stuff to do.
Next weekend is my regular weekend off. Are you off then? I think it's Good Friday.

It's Good Friday but it is also an "off" Friday (kinda like Tourmeister :lol2: ) so I am double off. :zen:

Gotta get a haircut, though...

Back