• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Seat mods.

Reaction score
I am giving serious consideration to purchasing a cruiser. However, I have noted that the seats on most of these bikes are too low for my long legs. Has anyone ever added height to their cruiser seat? Did you use anyone in particular and were you satisfied with the results. The low seat height on these cruisers just makes my legs rise up too high and will put too much preasure on my hip joints and butt.

PrairieParson

I'd suggest you get an Airhawk cushion. They don't add a lot of height, but mine has done wonders for my heinie. I'm long-legged, too, and that combined with bad knees are why I have to ride a cruiser.

Also, it helps to have highway bars with pegs set so you can stretch your legs out.

Thanks for the observation. I was already planning on the AirHawk, since I already have one. I checked with Spencer, but he indicated that he couldn't add more height to the seat. I will probably check with some of the local businesses that modify MC seats. I was hoping someone would know a company that might even sell MC seats for cruisers that are higher. These already exist for MC's like V-Storm 650. If anyone knows anything, I am all ears.

PrairieParson

Some folks swear by the bead cushions, which give you an extra 1/2 inch or so, theoretically.

Back