• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Possible West Texas Ride????

Reaction score
First Name
Darci
Last Name
Escandon
Anyone up for a ride to San Antonio New Mexico for a world famous Green Chili Cheeseburger at the Buckhorn Cafe?

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/busine..._dueling_chefs_settle_chile_beef_200907222005

It's about a 2 to 2 1/2 hour ride taking us through Almagordo, Tulerosa and Carizozo...We will go through the Valley of Fires and pass the Trinity site...It's a pretty ride...

Just thinking about it for sometime next month, once these West Texas winds die down...

What do you all think?

12 hours (each way) from here as long as I take interstate the entire way. What fun would that be? :lol2:

Sounds like a great ride (if you're already in El Paso). Wish I could join you.

I'd be interested in going - but I'd have to make the 7 hour trip to El Paso from Lubbock 1st :ponder:

Why is Texas so big? :lol2:

Nitro, maybe the question we have to ask is why El Paso is so far away from everyone else...however, that is probably another thread topic alltogether!!

Maybe? I've done 54 all the way to Carrizozo before and it was kind on long and straight. I'm tempted if I'm going to do a 300-400 mile day to go somewhere like the Gilas or Cloudcroft. I'll keep an eye out and maybe I'll feel fired up when you head out.

I'm thinking sometime in May..maybe around the weekend of the 16th. We could leave on a Saturday...that way, if anyone else from the rest of Texas wanted to go, that would give them time to head out this way. We could leave in the AM and take 54 to Alamo into Tulerosa. We could have lunch in Tulerosa or Carizozo and then head to the Site..., Or, we could go 28 to Cruces, then 70 and make a pitstop at White Sands....

I guess we have a lot of different options...I am probably the very last person to plan something like this as I don't have as much experience as the rest of you all. all i know is I want to ride...more than just around town.

another option is to go visit the Aliens up in Roswell or take a TWT day trip to Carlsbad...

BritishSteele: Just pick what you want to do and people will either tag along or won't. The more I think about it I might be up for an adventure. I normally wouldn't ask but since your so early in the planning stages, could you bump it one weekend as I'll be on my bike trip to Arkansas May 8-16th. I'm sure my wife and Torres my riding buddy from work would be interested also.

Bigjnsa: Come on it's not that bad. I'm doing it on May 8th and again on May 16th.

Back