• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

B1200 Question

Reaction score
G'day All,

Since selling my B1250 last year I've been really enjoying my ST1300. It's really proving to be a superb 2 up tourer and is a definite keeper. However, I find myself lusting after another Bandit as a second bike. I had owned an 03 B1200S and loved it to peices.

Now here's the question........I've found another 03 B1200S with less than 2000 miles on her. It's been garaged and hardly ridden and is basically a new bike. The price is right but I'm worried about problems I might encounter due to it sitting around. I would be keen to hear any opinions from the mechanical gurus regarding what potential trouble areas I should look at resulting from its long periods of inactivity.

It's garaged in a temperate coastal climate.

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Wow.... sounds like a sweet find depending on price.

The obvious hiccup would be if gas was left in the carbs while sitting. I'd also check the interior of the tank for any rust or corrosion.

The rubber bits are going to be suspect after 7 years - those include brake/clutch lines and tires... both are relatively cheap fixes.

I'd also pulled the air cleaner to make sure no critters have nested inside.

With the simplicity of 2nd generation Bandits there isn't a whole lot more that goes wrong from simply sitting around - except missing how much fun they are to ride.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.... if it wasn't so far away I'd be tempted - even if just for the motor.

What a wreck!!!!!!

The bike was full of rust. I couldn't believe that the guy was genuinely amazed that no one was prepared to buy it!:shock:

Back to the hunt.

Back