• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Random Shots from this weekend

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
Went for a ride Friday, & Made a couple of new friends. The Sky though was terrible for my shooting ability.

827752148_BUMnP-L.jpg

827752380_Dz6pd-L.jpg

827751091_8eUku-L.jpg

827750892_5QEvL-L.jpg

Went up to my parents for Saturday & Sunday, played with my Bigma and my 35 1.8 + Flash.

827735402_ZsRoN-L.jpg

827735288_dg2xg-L.jpg

For this I used my 35mm 1.8, SB900, Tripod and remote control. I then made me a glass of Iced Tea, and sat in a chair at the kitchen table and shot the hummers as they came to feed. I had the camera at the same height as the feeder. This morning was very dark and drizzly rain.

827735149_oZWXC-L.jpg

One of the things that I miss about Texas is the wild flowers...thanks for the reminder of how beautiful they are, that is a nice shot :clap:

:clap:

We're drooling over the shots. Can't wait to try out our SB900 soon.

I really like the longhorn, but some guy has his hand in the picture....;-)

I like the farmstead/windmill the best--tells a nice story.

Question about the hummingbird shot. Why does it look so real? There is something very unique about the bird and I can't figure it out.

Question about the hummingbird shot. Why does it look so real? There is something very unique about the bird and I can't figure it out.

Gee Thanks. I personally think it is a so / so shot. I feel that I had the flash turned up too much. I also wish that i would had positioned differently so to limit the distractions from the background. Why does it look so real? Maybe it is because she was 18/20 inches away from the front of the lens? My post processing was lightroom 3.2 and only tweaked the exposure a tad bit, and increased the sharpen slider a little, and crop. Not straight out of the camera with no PP, but very little was done to it in post.

Back