• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas Supersport - any experiences?

jcyuhn

Reaction score
Hi All -

Anyone use these guys (address below) for service - particularly tire purchase & mounting? They have good pricing for Pilot Road 2s (~$255 set) and mount/balance for $8/wheel if you bring them in off the bike. And they are reasonably convenient to my home. Almost sounds too good to be true. Anyone have experience with them?

Texas Supersport
7700 Ronnie Dr
Dallas, TX 75252

I think they used to be located in Garland.

Cheers,

- JimY

Hi All -

Anyone use these guys (address below) for service - particularly tire purchase & mounting? They have good pricing for Pilot Road 2s (~$255 set) and mount/balance for $8/wheel if you bring them in off the bike. And they are reasonably convenient to my home. Almost sounds too good to be true. Anyone have experience with them?

Texas Supersport
7700 Ronnie Dr
Dallas, TX 75252

I think they used to be located in Garland.

Cheers,

- JimY
Not familiar with them Jim and I've been in the N. Dallas area for a very long time. Their $8 mount and balance is hard to beat. Michelin must be really trying to clear or move their inventory because just about everybody is selling the Pilot Sport series at really good prices. I bought a set of the newest Pilot Sport Power Pure's online a month ago at a deeply discounted price.

If you use them, post some feedback for the rest of us.

Yup, that's them.

I used the rainy weekend to have them mount up a much needed set of PR2s on the '01 F4i.

Here's the lowdown - they used to be in Garland and relocated to N. Dallas, so this is not a new shop, per se. It's not big and it's not fancy, but the guys are very nice and the service is very good. I arrived with moto wheels in the trunk of the car, they insisted on helping unload. They immediately began mounting and balancing the new tires. They have commercial mounting and spin balancing machines. Total time was about 20 minutes. No scratches on the rims, the (heavy) dot on the tire was lined up with the valve stem, etc. - all done right.

Tire prices are as good as I've found for a local merchant. The PR2s were $254 ($141 rear, $113 front). This compares to ~$240 for the best mail order pricing I've seen, and about $285 at Cycle Gear. Mounting and balancing are $8/tire. With the various taxes added in the total came to $295.

Downsides - not much. The building & location are pretty funky for this part of Dallas - might want to leave the wimmen at home. I'm guessing the rent is inexpensive. Their credit card machine died, so bring cash. Make sure you call and check stock on the tires you want before showing up - they may only have one set.

A definate thumbs up for cost/quality/convenience.

I have used these guys 6 or 7 times.
They do a great job and even helped tweak my suspension for free.

$25 on-bike installation with PR2 prices that are $30 cheaper than Cycle Gear: can't be beat.

Back