• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another lizard shot

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Other than a crop, this is straight out of the camera with zero post processing done to the image. I'm finding this 105Macro f/2.8 to be a wild lens. I must have 50 shots of this guy I need to sort through. Until a bird gets him, I think he's going to be a great subject to capture pixels with.

831494950_DGfhx-L.jpg

I sure like to see him go through a color change.

I was really hoping to capture his big gullet expanding but I never could time it right. Now THAT's a cool thing to see when that big old throat expands.

When the Cicadas emerge in your area, I expect to see some cool shots of one coming out of his shell and pumping his wings out to full size... ;-)

For reference, how big is the lizard? I'm thinking the head is maybe an inch or so long?

Hmmmm...... green lizard photo wanted for The Green Lizard Cafe website...... ;)

(the only photo I've ever been able to get was one too far away from a collared lizard; they are fast!)

I like it better with all the brick cropped out. I find it distracting. Also, the wide crop accentuates the flat long profile of the lizard. The out of focus leg might help some people realize it is a lizard and not a snake, but to me that is not important enough to keep it. I love the sharp details in the texture of his skin.

Back