• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride to Texas stadium implosion

Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Nappier
Anyone planing to ride out and Watch the implosion?
I was thinking of going out and try to get a few pics. Who doesn't love Demolition and destruction when no one gets hurt.

I'll be there with the photography group, we got a pretty good location to get video & pics. Still not sure if I'll be driving or riding though.

I wanted to go out and see it but then I saw all the publicity and the $25 per car fee to park. I guessed it would be a zoo out there.

But... it might be easier to find a place to park my bike and with temps forecasted to bottom out at only 57 degrees I may give it a shot. :ponder:

Yeah, I think I'm going to head over there at about 6:30ish and just ride in circles till it goes. The place will probably gridlock when the fireworks start going off (I read there is a couple minutes of fireworks prior to the big bang), so it should be pretty easy to pull off and watch the show. We'll see...

I really want to go check it out but I heard they're going to shut down the highways.
Still may go though

I've never seen an implosion so I think it would be ******

Well that was pretty painless. I got there about 6:50 and parked in a grassy spot just before the onramp to 12 south from 183 east. It was pretty full of cars by that time, but motorcycles just have a way of squeezing in! Great view of the implosion... the initial collapse was closes to me, and I could watch it work it's way around the sides and over to the far wall. Soon as it was done, pulled on my gear and jumped right onto the Loop 12 south ramp and got out of there. Crappy cellphone camera pics here.

Here is mine...I'll edit the pictures later today, got a pretty good time lapse with the DSLR.

IMG_0906_LR.png

Back