• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need advice for Corpus

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Can anyone recommend a hotel or motel in the Corpus area. I am going down to see the Lexington and maybe some other sites. Not really a beach trip. I don't have to stay in Corpus either, just within about 20-30 miles.

Anything else that is a good place to check out while in Corpus?

I was hoping to find some good food Friday night, any ideas?

Wife was hoping I would take her out for some dancing. Any place that would play some music for the 40's crowd, maybe a Hotel that has cover bands, etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated, I have not been to Corpus in a very long time.

Right near the Lex are a couple of chains like Best West and Comfort I think. Also by the Lex is a very good Aquarium. I've stayed all over in the Corpus area from the island down to Port A and Rockport. Just across the JFK causeway on the island, is a fairly new Days Inn or Comfort Inn. Almost across the road, next to Whata Burger, is the Anchor Inn which is older but affordable. I can't think of anyplace in the Corpus area that would have a dance type club? Snoopys under the causeway bridge use to be a good restaurant. None of the restaurants in the Corpus area knocks my socks off, Rockport has a couple of good ones though.

There have been 2 Pie Runs to Ingleside. I stayed just down the street from Floyd's Ranch House (the destination) at the Best Western. It was OK.

last year's prep thread

and 2008 thread

Since a lot of folks opted to stay overnight, there are some hints in both. Also, check the PR ride reports since they mention some places to eat.

We usually stay in Port Aransas and go into Corpus when we need to. There is a pretty good brewpub/restaurant in Port A that we go to, not anything fancy but good pizza.

Back