• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who is going for a ride this weekend?

Supposed to rain most of the weekend here...but that may not be affecting you.

Scubadvr, I see nothing but a big map of the US? You doing a four corners run this weekend? :mrgreen:

LOL, you were too quick to jump the gun. I found a space in the URL. Should work now. I'm just learning how to use the public map feature in Google maps. Not very user friendly in drawing the maps.

I'll be doing a local run within a couple hundred miles from home. Where to? I have no earthly idea. I just pick a road and follow it. Hopefully Florida next week as I"ve been delayed on that trip by 2 weeks now. Wanna get down to Key West before it gets too hot. The North Arkansas for the 1st weekend in May to meet with old friends on the Buffalo River Canyon near Harriet off 14. Great riding in that area. Some of Arkansas's greatest roads all within a 50 mile radius.

I'll be going on this run on Saturday:

DD Run - Viburnum Loop

MMMmm... I LOVE riding in that area South of I-44. Have you ever managed to get way down over in the far Southwest corner of Missouri? Hwy 76 between Cape Fair and Cassville is great. Hwy 90 from Washburn over to Noel is absolutely fantastic!! It is a real roller coaster ride with lots of tight curves. I also really like the area around Ava, real pretty and great roads.

Unfortunately, I will not be riding this weekend. However, I got to do a nice 463 mile romp through deep East Texas last weekend to check out all the blooming Dogwood trees, Azaleas, and a zillion other wildflowers. The weather was great as were the roads. I had so much fun I never stopped to take any pics :doh:

I'll think of all you, as I sit in a stuffy gym for 6-8 hours taking a test this saturday. Ughh. No ride afterwords, as by then all we will want to do is relieve the stress with our fellow nerds. Beverages and lawn flocking anyone?:lol2:

Riding is a much better stress reliever than adult beverages. At least it is for me.

I gotta work
- but -
I hope to join some fellow prison guards, fire-fighter dudes, and street cops for a couple hours on an organized ride toward Monterey California. I'll meet them, size 'em up, and see if they accept a Japanese sport-tourer among their Harleys (I'm assuming the collective ego will be biased toward the Harley image).
It's being discussed among some friends (with whom I haven't been able to ride since returning to work) that a ride is in order to Yosemite (with it's free entrance for the next week or two). They're talking about a Wednesday run, my day off.... WooHOO!

Y'all have fun and ride sane!
:rider:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I had a tough weekend. My misses worked both day's. She had a list of jobs to do around the place. But it was to good a weekend. So I went out and rode both days...lol. Perfect time of the year here in Australia for a ride.

see if they accept a Japanese sport-tourer among their Harleys (I'm assuming the collective ego will be biased toward the Harley image).
:rider:

We had 148 bikes on a run for the men and women serving in the Iraq area last Saturday. Money is used to send them care packs from home. about a 1/2 dozen non cruiser bikes involved. My Bandit, two trikes with goldwing engines, one wing and one 600 sport bike were all I seen. But all had a great time with stops being at either a VFW post to American Legion Huts.
All these people could care less what you ride as long as you ride these events and donate. ha ha ha ha.

In the morning, if the Ole Man upstairs agrees, I'm headed for Florida.

Kinda (actually not very) interesting, when I showed up on my Bandit......

There were the obligatory Harleys, baggers/Wide Glide/Road kings/Screaming Eagle, a Suzuki cruiser (all white ((M100?)), a BMW LT1200, a V-Star, and my Bandit. Nobody talked bikes, everybody could care less what route was to be taken to Monterey, and nobody was in a hurry. A couple morning cigars were fired up after breakfast at Perko's, and cops normally on edge, in Orange mode, seemingly happy to be away from the stressors at work.

We started down the freeway, and I put my GPS to point me toward 'HOME'.... though we were going in the opposite direction. The farther away from home we got, the 'Estimated Arrival' clock ticked off the time I was due to get back and start getting ready for work. I had to be at work by 1:30.

It was nice to be a part of a dozen bikes in staggered formation, and I rode at the back where I like to be.... observing the habits of those with whom I was to share the road. They behaved, they were mellow, and nobody having the need to show-boat. It was nice to be out for a quick spin, but it was cut short by my having to return to my designated position in the tower at work......

Jeez.... working evenings and not having the weekends off, really gets in the way of living 'free'. With more talks of further reducing CA State workers' pay, I may end up having no choice and retiring at year's end. I may be reaching a point of working for diminishing returns.

If we ever see the California sun I'll be out this weekend, drag races in Sacramento, we have a couple of nostalgia funny cars that we help out on and make parts for.

Tomorrow it will be up Hwy 49 towards Downieville, gotta love working 4 tens.

I've planned a ride out to see one of our kids on Saturday, then have an adoption on Sunday.

My next 5 or 6 weekends are filled with rides about the kids. :sun:

I'll hang a stone on my bars to know what the weather is doing. :lol2:

I'm running out for breakfast with some friends. A few twisties, breakfast, and run the twisties back home.

I was informed late Friday afternoon that I am making a big presentation Monday at 0930. Saturday afternoon will be spent prepping.

Rode from Homestead to Tallahassee FL today, Bad thing was a wreck on 27 with someone with a sheet over them, saw a scrached up car but didn't have time to look for the bike. Saw some other bikers a bit down the road talking and stuff. Maybe someone from Central Florida can update this, Was just South of Orange, FL. I could not believe how many bikes I've seen here in Florida these last two days, WOW. Many thousands just today. The best thing was about every 15th bike was being rode by a lady. Luv it,

After a long day, I actually took a fun ride, the first in a loooong time. Only about a grand total of 40 miles, out and back on the same road, and in the dark, but still lots of fun.

Over this past summer, I pretty much never took the time to do a fun ride, as I was in summer classes, doing about 100 miles of highway commuting per day, which meant my weekends were wrapped up in either homework, or work around the house.

It did feel good to just be able to do whatever the heck I wanted to do, even for just a short time.:rider:

Saturday the wife and I did a poker run for Muscular Dystrophy (MDA), it was about 120 miles, so not too bad, and the Tucson weather was perfect for the ride. Still need to get the seat sorted out, still running the stock seat and it is very much like a torture device.

A good and bad day yesterday. Got lucky with an incident that could of been deadly. People, practice your emergency stops till you don't have to think about it. And don't give up on the bike. That and luck kept me from going going down in traffic on I-10 yesterday.
The really bad thing is my top box lid opened ( I don't know if I didn't latch it good or it just came undone from the bump when I tagged the car in front of me ) and I lost my laptop somewhere on I 10 in Alabama. Also my new Marine Crops Veteran cap I had bought at Battleship Park in Alabama on my way to Key West. What was really bad about the laptop was every picture ( about 150 or so ) and my track files from my gps for this trip were downloaded to it and erased off the camera and gps unit. Kinda makes you go UHhhhhh dummy. ;-). But, such is life and we survived another run. 560 miles yesterday and went through that squall line just fine and into blue skies after the first few hours of running.

Back