• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How much to pay for 2009 B1250 ABS?

Reaction score
Hi All, i'm thinking about upgrading from SV650 to B1250 and was wondering what would be a reasonable real for 2009 abs model before the tax? I asked a guy at a local dealership and he quoted 9300 before tax and all other fees which i find waaay too much, considering a friend just bought a 2009 FZ1 with OTD of 8900 (all taxes, everything). Any advise? :) Thanks!

i bet he would take 9300 out the door.

i would offer 500 less than im willing to pay as an out the door offer. does it have to be a new one? i have seen 08's on craigslist for less than 6k

I was going to suggest the same thing. Buy a used Bandit and you'll save 30%+ off that new sticker price.

Ya never know.....
I continued to be baffled by dealers who have been paying for floor space to display a specific bike for months and months (and months), and actually RAISE the price of that particular bike to get back all their money spent for the floor space.

You pay what you pay, make an offer and see if it flies.

If in fact you have decided that the Bandit 1250 w/ABS is what you want, go to all the dealerships in the surrounding area and look for a Bandit (regardless of color) that the dealership considers "in the way" or contributing to a "glut" of bikes at his dealership, and with some cash in hand..... decide which dealership is the most enthusiastic about offering you the most competitve price.

Ya jus' never know, sometimes the bike was expensive for the dealership to purchase, other times they just want to move some bikes to get their figures up. Good luck, and know that we gotta do our part to keep the economy moving (back?) in an upward direction.

Ya never know.....
If in fact you have decided that the Bandit 1250 w/ABS is what you want, go to all the dealerships in the surrounding area and look for a Bandit (regardless of color) that the dealership considers "in the way" or contributing to a "glut" of bikes at his dealership, and with some cash in hand..... decide which dealership is the most enthusiastic about offering you the most competitve price.

+1. I kept my eye out for an ABS 1250 and combed thru dealers and websites looking for a deal. I found the '08 I own thru a lead on the TWT site. It was a 650 mile round trip to pick up my Bandit, but the deal made it worth the drive.

Make an offer, 5% off is a good starting point. If that's a no-go, try some other dealers who have the bike you're looking for and see what they are willing to do. $9300 is $499 under MSRP for an '09 1250SA. OTD on $9300 is gonna be roughly $10K after tax/license/documents. Offer 9300 OTD and negotiate from there, or try another dealer.

Good luck on your purchase!

+1. I kept my eye out for an ABS 1250 and combed thru dealers and websites looking for a deal. I found the '08 I own thru a lead on the TWT site. It was a 650 mile round trip to pick up my Bandit, but the deal made it worth the drive.

Make an offer, 5% is a good starting point. If that's a no-go, try some other dealers who have the bike you're looking for and see what they are willing to do. $9300 is $499 under MSRP for an '09 1250SA. OTD on $9300 is gonna be roughly $10K after tax/license/documents. Offer 9300 OTD and negotiate from there, or try another dealer.

Good luck on your purchase!

My "one that got away story". Last November I saw an ad for a new Bandit for $6800 at a local dealer. It was true - the bike was purchased along with other inventory from another dealer that went belly-up. I rode the bike - new black 1200 w/abs. Couldn't decide to get it and passed it up. Went back two weeks later and they still had the bike but wouldn't go for the $6800 price. It was now $8400 and they wouldn't budge on price. I wound up buying a cherry 2002 1200 Bandit in Blue from them (11,000 miles) for a good price. I'm happy with the 1200 - it shares time with my M-50 cruiser.
Steve

My "one that got away story". Last November I saw an ad for a new Bandit for $6800 at a local dealer. It was true - the bike was purchased along with other inventory from another dealer that went belly-up. I rode the bike - new black 1200 w/abs. Couldn't decide to get it and passed it up. Went back two weeks later and they still had the bike but wouldn't go for the $6800 price. It was now $8400 and they wouldn't budge on price. I wound up buying a cherry 2002 1200 Bandit in Blue from them (11,000 miles) for a good price. I'm happy with the 1200 - it shares time with my M-50 cruiser.
Steve

Steve, after riding both bikes, how do you compare the Gen 2 1200 and the 1250?

My "one that got away story". Last November I saw an ad for a new Bandit for $6800 at a local dealer.... Steve

I can relate. Right now there's a '88 BMW R100RS w/17K that I really want to add to my herd :drool:, but the timing is lousy. So I'm gonna have to pass :tears:. And of course it sold :argh:

I've been wanting a low mileage RS for years, in '08 there was a VERY low mileage '84 R100RS that I had to pass on. Guess I'm not meant to have one :shrug:

When I got my 1250, things lined up right. I'd just sold my K11RS so I had some cash, it was exactly what I was looking for, and the dealer had two on the floor. I knew they were gonna get snapped up at the price they had on 'em, so I moved fast and put down a deposit and went to get it.

Another TWT member, Thunderbolt, got the other one.

Glad to see you still got yourself a Bandit.

Steve, after riding both bikes, how do you compare the Gen 2 1200 and the 1250?

It's hard to make a fair comparison since I had only about 20 miles on the new 1250, but generally speaking I found the 1250 with it's fuel injection to be less temperamental on cold start and when warming up than the carbureted 1200. I give a plus to the 1250 for engine although the maintenance is less complicated on the 1200.

As for handling, it is easy to see the similarities. My 1200 came with a fork brace and perhaps tweaked shock/suspension, so again a fair comparison is difficult. The 1250 felt a little heavier and slower to turn in - but not much heavier. Both are great bikes in my opinion and are a great value. I give a plus to the 1200 for handling but that may be due to the tweaks on my bike.

To give some perspective on the preceding comments, I'm an old guy and couldn't deal with the riding position of sport bikes for longer rides. The standard position suits me well and when I really need a two wheeled couch will take the cruiser out for a ride.
Steve

I recently bought an 04 Concours from WoodsCC in New Braunfels for 3.980 out the door, It was listed for 4.699, I got it for that price by simply calling and saying if you can do it for this price, I'll come and get it right now, It works. the price I asked for was 3900 including TT+L. Look at what each dealer has on line,see what you want,make the call with the deal,then go ck it out. all new Suzuki's jumped up 1000.00 in 09 so beware of an 8k something Bandit that will be upwards of 10 grand out the door, Bandit's are nice but not that nice. Happy Shopping. SZ.

When I got my 1250, things lined up right. I'd just sold my K11RS so I had some cash, it was exactly what I was looking for, and the dealer had two on the floor. I knew they were gonna get snapped up at the price they had on 'em, so I moved fast and put down a deposit and went to get it.

Another TWT member, Thunderbolt, got the other one.

I was looking at the same time, but I was lazy and took Bartellsville"s (sp) numbers, figured in TTL + $200. I called Plano Suzuki about 2:00 in the afternoon, and made them an offer. The guy I talked to asked me if I could hold, he was back on the phone in 10 seconds telling me I had a deal. The first thing I thought was "Dang, I should have went lower.'

Good luck finding a price you like.

I was looking at the same time, but I was lazy and took Bartellsville"s (sp) numbers, figured in TTL + $200. I called Plano Suzuki about 2:00 in the afternoon, and made them an offer. The guy I talked to asked me if I could hold, he was back on the phone in 10 seconds telling me I had a deal. The first thing I thought was "Dang, I should have went lower.'

Good luck finding a price you like.

I'm pretty sure I got my lead on the 1250 from you, thanks :thumb:

i've got '09 B1250SA with pretty much all important things for 7500 + tax. Bike had 300 miles on it, custom windshield, bar raisers, sargent seat, suzuki top and side cases, holeshot touring pipe, few other things. the only things that are missing are sliders and tank bra. bike has lower fairings and for me coming from a naked bike (i'm fan of naked machines) will require get used to it. the deal came thru this board (i've got PM from a member)! one of the best guys i met.

i've got '09 B1250SA with pretty much all important things for 7500 + tax. Bike had 300 miles on it, custom windshield, bar raisers, Sargent seat, Suzuki top and side cases, Holeshot touring pipe, few other things. the only things that are missing are sliders and tank bra. bike has lower fairings and for me coming from a naked bike (I'm fan of naked machines) will require get used to it. the deal came thru this board (I've got PM from a member)! one of the best guys i met.

congrats on the steal....ummmm...deal.

I find that I use the top case more and more and the side cases less and less but they are nice when I want extra space.

We only believe pictures so get them and post em :)

Back