• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

yosh tri ovall

IBEW

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the yosh tri oval fits with the Givi v35 hard cases and Givi harware, and if you have a pic that would great.

Hardbagsrear_800_x_600.jpg

hardbagsrside_800_x_600.jpg

I put a piece of Aluminum tape under the case where the exhaust gets close. Even before did that I would stop and check the how warm it was getting and it was warm to the touch but not hot. Even better now with the tape. But I still would not put anything that may melt from heat in that section. I once melted a whole tube of underarm deodorant in my shaving kit not paying attention to that on my BMW GS once. What a mess. But, my kit smelled really neat for a long time. ha ha ha ha.

I've got the Givis with the yoshi and I was a little worried about the heat. I made a little bracket to lower the pipe. I just put a piece of stainless about an inch wide and long enough to drill two holes about 1 3/8" apart. One hole for the yoshi tab and the other hole where it bolts to the passenger peg. I had to loosen the clamp for the pipe to adjust the angle. It worked out very good. I have plenty of space between the yoshi and the Givi.

I just returned from a 2400 mile trip with no heat issues on the givi bag.

Just me and my age and having rode BMW's about the country for 11 years. But, I would buy the pipe ( I only bought mine cause the stocker was so big and ugly ) , save about 15,000 bucks and use it to travel about the country. That's a lot of gas and motels and food. ;-)

Thanks for the replies . Im on the fence either buy a pipe or a new bmw k1300s .....Decisions.

My buddy's final drive just went out on his RT1200 with only 26,000. BMW took care of everything under warranty. Thankfully he wasn't far (by our standards:mrgreen:) but he had to get a ride home and do without a bike for a week. He took the 2010 RT1200 out for a test ride. When I asked him how he liked it he said "It was great...until it stopped running". Apparently you MUST do the recommended 600 mile valve adjustment even on demos or the new dual cam sensor says - NO! and it goes to limp mode and won't restart if you turn it off. I wonder if the valve adjustment is that critical what do you do if you're riding across country and go beyond that interval?

I'll keep my Bandit thank you very much.

Yes that 600 must do sucks. My old BMW dealer told me to do about a 1000 on both my '95 R11GS and '02 R1150GS from new. Even then they were in specs just on the tight side. Then having to do them at 6000 mile intervals. After a few of them and I saw they didn't move much, I went to 12,000 mile intervals. Looks like the dealer will have to reset something in the bike computer to let it run after service. That also sucks.

LOL I'm at over 30,000 on my '07 Bandit and have not even considered checking them yet. Have not really found anyone that has found them out of spec even at over that mileage.

Yes that 600 must do sucks. My old BMW dealer told me to do about a 1000 on both my '95 R11GS and '02 R1150GS from new. Even then they were in specs just on the tight side. Then having to do them at 6000 mile intervals. After a few of them and I saw they didn't move much, I went to 12,000 mile intervals. Looks like the dealer will have to reset something in the bike computer to let it run after service. That also sucks..

the new RT and GS have dual overhead cams. The sensor won't let it start if they're not sync'd. If they're sync'd then nothing is required. After the initial break-in adjustment it goes to regular adjustment periods - but what if something happens 1000 miles from home?

The REAL weird thing is the dealer was gonna adjust them the "way it's always been done" but there was a factory rep there looking at my buddy's failed final drive. The factory rep said "WAIT!", you need a template and had to provide his so the dealer could adjust the valves on the 2010 models. My main worry is BMW said Final Drive Failures weren't an issue on RT's - WRONG! The fact that BMW shipped new models without information about a template or how to use it has seriously made me reconsider my infatuation with the new 1000RR as a second bike.

The Busa attracts too much attention, the B-King is WAY too big. If only Suzuki made a comfy naked Gixxer 1000 or made our engine with enough ummph to keep up with the FZ1. It is embarrassing that an older Bandit with the Gixxer mods will spank our bikes.

Step up Suzuki and give me bike some Vroom Vroom but thanks for not giving me a cracker-jack bike like BMW does.

the new RT and GS have dual overhead cams. The sensor won't let it start if they're not sync'd. If they're sync'd then nothing is required. After the initial break-in adjustment it goes to regular adjustment periods - but what if something happens 1000 miles from home?

The REAL weird thing is the dealer was gonna adjust them the "way it's always been done" but there was a factory rep there looking at my buddy's failed final drive. The factory rep said "WAIT!", you need a template and had to provide his so the dealer could adjust the valves on the 2010 models. My main worry is BMW said Final Drive Failures weren't an issue on RT's - WRONG! The fact that BMW shipped new models without information about a template or how to use it has seriously made me reconsider my infatuation with the new 1000RR as a second bike.

It's funny, I had read your friends comments about this - http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53794

The last Iron Butt rally had quite a few old die hard BMW riders show up on different makes of bikes this year also. My BMW days have been over for about 3.5 years now. Still don't have my Bandit as good a long distance touring bike as I did my BMW's but at 10,000 bucks cheaper, I'll survive. ;-). Getting to where I'm getting good for less and less miles per day when on tour anyway. Sooner or later I'll have to get a convertible type car to have the wind in my hair or go riding in my boat more. LOL. 50 mph on the water always does my hair and head good. ;-)

Back