• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Which Fender Bag?

My Wolfman is very close to the same size as the spare tube fender pack you list. I have it tightly packed with front and rear tubes plus two compact tire irons.

I have the MSR on the Old Yeller. The front tube fits nicely. There is some extra space, it fits kinda loose. I don't carry anything else in there 'cause I don't want any tools rubbing on the tube and making a hole. I carry tools in a tail pack or the saddlebags if on a long trip.

The hand pump is tie wrapped to a sub frame rail on mine.

I had not thought about the tools possibly rubbing a hole. I will inspect for damage before this weekend. Think I will relocate the irons even if there is none.... yet!

I don't carry anything else in there 'cause I don't want any tools rubbing on the tube and making a hole. I carry tools in a tail pack or the saddlebags if on a long trip.
I've been thinking about wrapping my spare tubes in duct tape for this reason. The boxes are too bulky and I'm worried about the wear on them but I might get some extra attention at the border.

I've been thinking about wrapping my spare tubes in duct tape for this reason. The boxes are too bulky and I'm worried about the wear on them but I might get some extra attention at the border.

The spare for the rear is much bulkier and gets wrapped in a T shirt before going in the tail pack or saddlebag, whichever is being used for that ride. The T comes in handy as a rag after working on the bike and for holding nuts and axles while making the swap. I take the tubes out of the boxes because the box will disintegrate anyway.

I just ordered the Moose Racing Spare Tube Fender Pack so I'll let everyone know how it works out in a few weeks.

Back