• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sargent Seat for the B1250 - Report

Reaction score
I've been wanting to do this ever since a 750-mile single day ride last August.

Here's what I found waiting for me on the front stoop last night:

Sargent_1.jpg

I eagerly opened the box, and found the seat well-cushioned by foam peanuts:

Sargent_2.jpg

The first thing that struck me was the quality of the seat. It far exceeds my expectations. Although, I wonder why they went

to the expense of putting a really cool, high-quality advertising sticker where no one will see it ("SUPERIOR COMFORT THROUGH

DYNAMIC CUSHIONING" - my butt can't wait!):

Sargent_3.jpg

The build quality is outstanding, even better than I had hoped for; the hardware all stainless steel; everything looks very sturdy:

Sargent_4.jpg

The tool compartment will be nice. Although I don't think my toolkit will actually fit there, I'll find some use for the space:

Sargent_5.jpg

Another nice touch - Sargent put an extra layer of soft anti-scratch fabric at the front of the seat pan, where any contact with

the fuel tank will occur:

Sargent_6.jpg

OK, here are some comparisons. While not really much wider than the stocker, the rear portion is dished out and flatter,

providing a consistent contact patch across the entire buttockal area, rather than pressure directly on the ischial tuberosities:

Sargent_7.jpg

Note: in the picture above, the stitching on the Sargent looks crooked; this is just the angle at which I took the picture. It's

straight as an arrow, as evidenced in other pictures below.

Here's a side by side, showing the extra padding on the Sargent (incidentally, I went with the Sargent "Standard" height, which is

higher than stock by about 1" (25mm). I have a 32" inseam (81cm), no problem with reach to the ground, so I wanted as

much padding as possible for those long days.):

Sargent_8.jpg

The dished-out portion is actually slightly deeper than the pictures show. This is due to the cover not being glued down to the

seat foam. I could push down on the cover about 1/4" (6mm)

Sargent_9.jpg

The seat was SOOOOO comfortable on my test ride; I cannot wait to get it out for an extended run. Being an inch higher than
stock, and firmer, the extra height is noticeable, but for me is not a problem. It actually improves the knee angle slightly, a plus
for long rides.

Kudos to SoloMotoParts.com for a great shopping experience, and for the lowest cost I could find for this seat - $364.95, free
shipping.

Hope this may help some others who are looking for long-distance comfort. Stay tuned for a ride report.

I recently got my Sargent seat and while I find it much more comfortable, I wish that they would have designed it to put me a bit closer to the tank, I guess I have just become comfortable being very close to the tank when I ride. My wife is much much happier with the Sargent seat thus far.

I purchased the Sargent seat for the DR650((the regular height model) and it has been one of the best accessories I have ever bought.

Why cant the bike manufacturers put decent seats on from the start?

Back