• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kawasaki H2 Project

Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Meuir
Here are some photos of the 72 Kaw H2 Triple that I am restoring. Basically, I still need to paint the body work and re-assemble the engine. All the machine work is done, rebuilt crank, fresh bore and pistons, etc.
It is not going to be totally original, but everything I am changing is bolt on stuff that can be changed back at any time, such as:
Reproduction CDI box, KZ 900 Lester wheels and dual disc front brakes, Superbike bars, TNT Street Chambers, EX 500 brake calipers.
This is what I started with:
LeftSide1-1-08002.jpg

This is where it is now:
Roller5-12-08.jpg

Wayne

Wayne I will be glad to see this one up and running. What color will you paint it?

Wayne, more details and pics please! Very cool.

Maybe this will light a fire under my butt and I can get to work on my '75 GT380 and get it running again :(

That's going to be one purty bike when you are done. Heck, it was a purty bike before you started so it is only going to get better.

I can't wait to see the finished product.

I've been wondering how this project was coming along. Thanks for starting a thread about it.

Here ya go, buddy -- be inspired:

Tim, that pic is of a guy in Wisconsin. His bike is finished and is really nice. He told me he worked on it for four years. I think he has the 120 HP Denco kitted engine in it. He has built a number of really nice bikes.

I am building my bike as a rider. Only performance mod is the Expansion Chambers and I am rubber mounting the engine to get rid of some of the vibration that they are known for.

It will be painted a Candy Pearl Blue, as close to the stock color as I can get it.

Wayne

Tim, that pic is of a guy in Wisconsin.

Make sure you click on it and watch the video if you haven't seen it already. That thing sounds insane with those Higgspeed chambers and tuned engine.

And people think the sportbikes of today are loud. Ha! Volumewise, the H2 is the absolute anti-christ of all motorcycles. Totally awesome.

I've been wondering how this project was coming along. Thanks for starting a thread about it.

Here ya go, buddy -- be inspired:

:drool:that thing sounds fantastic!

I noticed he toed the shifter up to take off, do those have nutral below first or did he switch it to GP shift

:drool:that thing sounds fantastic!

I noticed he toed the shifter up to take off, do those have nutral below first or did he switch it to GP shift

They stock shift pattern is 5 up, neutral on the bottom. Many an H2 has been damaged by accidentally going all the way to neutral at the wrong time.

They stock shift pattern is 5 up, neutral on the bottom. Many an H2 has been damaged by accidentally going all the way to neutral at the wrong time.

Yep. In fact, the majority of the Kawasaki lineup in the early '70s consisted of bikes with 4-up and 5-up shift patterns.

Tim, I have seen the video several times. The guys name is Cody and he is really a dedicated builder having done an awesome, highly modified H1 a few years back along with quite a few other really nice restorations and modified bikes.

The pipes on this bike are not Higgspeeds, they are Denco's street chambers, along with the Denco Spec Motor. These are not even loud compared to stingers of the same design. The stingers are so loud they will make your ears bleed. They are basically not usable on the street

Wayne

The pipes on this bike are not Higgspeeds, they are Denco's street chambers, along with the Denco Spec Motor. These are not even loud compared to stingers of the same design. The stingers are so loud they will make your ears bleed. They are basically not usable on the street

Wayne

Kewwwl. Do you know if Denco makes a set for my S1?

Tim- i just bought a set of denco's for my s2 project. found them on ebay and paid $600 for them. they look practically new. I've been watching ebay for about a year and finally found them...the guy said it was his last set for s2's. I figure your s1 will be equally as challenging.....but they are out there. just like everything in life....timing's everything. how's your s1 project going?
i'm close to painting my s2. think i'm gonna go with the '72 paint scheme of white with green decals, even though my bike is a '73. i just can't get into the 73 colors.:-P

Tim- i just bought a set of denco's for my s2 project. found them on ebay and paid $600 for them. they look practically new. I've been watching ebay for about a year and finally found them...the guy said it was his last set for s2's. I figure your s1 will be equally as challenging.....but they are out there. just like everything in life....timing's everything.

FYI, I've just discovered that Higgspeed will custom-build a set for an S1A, but I didn't have the nerve to inquire as to how much. Still, they say they can have them done within eight weeks or so. I suppose I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

how's your s1 project going?

It was going great until the past few weeks, when it came to a screeching halt once again. My mom went unexpectedly into the hospital at the same time I had just agreed to fill-in temporarily as host of a drive-time radio show on AM radio here in Midland. That, combined with the usual workload at the studio and my live music schedule not only exhausted me, but left the poor little Mach I sitting in the garage neglected.

However, I did get back to work on it last night, and proceeded to almost immediately smash the **** out of my hand with a rubber mallet.

Good times. :thumb:

Dang! seems like, since you are a musician.......you should take good care of your digits. i reckon you could always play some slide, huh?
by the way...from what i got from higspeed...their chambers are about $1,100 per set. they are reportedly very high quality.

JEMCO Exhausts in Houston makes chambers very similar to Denco's. He gets about $600a set for mild steel pipes. If you want them chromed, do it before you ever run them because most chrome shops will NOT take 2 stroke pipes once the oil is in them.

Higgspeeds are polished stainless steel at about $1100, but by the time you have the Jemco's chromed (assuming you want the bling), you are gonna have close to that tied up in them.

Wayne

Wayne

One of the best sounding bikes I have ever heard was a H2 with 3 into 1 chamber. That sound is still in my head.

Very true, they sound great. Unfortunately, 3-1's have horrible performance.

Back