• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

newbe needs help to do it right

Reaction score
Hello I am new to both this site and Bandits in general. What I need help with is finding a list of bolt torque specs. or at least the rear axle nut torque as I have just finished my break in and want to adjust my chain. I will in time buy the factory service manual but I just paid cash for the bike, insurance, plates, and ect. and my funds are short right now. Does anyone have these specifications? Thank you in advance for any help. Valkrider

Hello I am new to both this site and Bandits in general. What I need help with is finding a list of bolt torque specs. or at least the rear axle nut torque as I have just finished my break in and want to adjust my chain. I will in time buy the factory service manual but I just paid cash for the bike, insurance, plates, and ect. and my funds are short right now. Does anyone have these specifications? Thank you in advance for any help. Valkrider

The owners manual that comes with the Bandit has the torque spec for the rear axle, front axle and front caliper mounting bolts along with a lot of other good basic maintenance info for your bike, and I recommend that you read the owners manual from cover to cover before even riding your bike so you know how to adjust and change things on it and are familiar with all the aspects of the bike.

I purposely didn't tell you the rear axle torque spec so as to get you to read the owners manual to find it, and if you bike did not come with an owners manual I suggest that you pick on up from the dealer or on eBay as they are only around $8 to $10 . ;-)

The small owners manual is suppose to come with the bike. Sometimes the dealer forgets to include this with the bike. So always make sure they give you the manual during the new bike purchase.

:rider:

Can't speak for the 1250's but the 1200's use about 72 ft. pounds on the rear axle nut.

Back