• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Excellent d/s routes in Colorado!

R

Red Brown

I have found an excellent web site HERE for those venturing to Colorado for dual-sport adventure.

This site has a nifty google map with all of the routes marked, if you click on the route it gives you a link to the individual trail, with pictures, maps, directions, a trail description, meeting locations and the GPX files for the track for the specific trail.

On each trail site they give you the link to the National Forest District which provide a current open/closed status for the trail, which I find very helpful.

Although the referenced map is designed for 4-wheel vehicles, most 650 cc or less bikes with knobbies should have no problem tackling the various routes. Although a trail like Carnage Canyon in Chaffee County, Colorado might prove a bit to extreme for the most ardent off-road enthusiasts.

v-notch.jpg

Enjoy,

RB

I hope to bag some of these routes this summer. It will be nice to try some of the lesser known routes, even though they might only be ten miles long. If they are really technical, ten miles can be quite a distance.

Sometimes, mountain bike trails routes can be ridden on a dual-sport as well.

:)

RB

I have been to their site before but it was some time ago. Wow have they been hard at work adding to it. Thanks for the update reminder.

I did a lot of the trails in the Ouray area with the Jeep and family two summers ago. We barely scratched the surface. Sorta glad I wasn't on the bike though. Twice we got caught in snow storms and it was the middle of June.:mrgreen:

6-23-09309.jpg

Back