• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Buell TT with a little dual sport flavor

Reaction score
Awesome Buell TT thats ready for a little dual sport county road riding in the hill country.....perfect for the tight twisties and occasional forays into some gravel!
What in the heck is the XB12TT?
"The Buell Lightning Super TT combines hard core Streetfighter attitude with the style of Supermoto bikes. The Supermoto (aka SuperMotard) category refers to an all-around style of motorcycle combining characteristics of road racing, dirt track and motocross bikes." So say the Buell ads! I have been scouring Craigslist for a couple months in search of a replacement for our departed Ducati Monster. But the Buell TT was not produced in large quantities, and are fairly rare. So, after giving up on Craigslist, and thinking I would never find one, guess what? I found a 2008 at our local Austin Ducati Dealer!
It had been traded in for a new Ducati! I could not believe it. They took my offer, and even gave my wife a Ducati T-shirt, they were a total pleasure to deal with! I really wanted a 2008 model, because BUELL made some major upgrades to the bike that year. Most important of which is a more sophisticated fuel injection and revised timing chest on the motor.

Why the Super TT? We have lots of county roads that are pretty rough. They can be tight and twisty and are cracked, pot-holed and in generally poor condition. The Super TT has longer suspension, wider bars and 2 degrees less steering angle than the Lighting SS. I wanted the capability to soak up the rough roads, a more upright seating position for comfort and wider bars for more leverage. Plus, I think it could handle some smooth gravel if needed!

I cleaned it, set the suspension up according to the owner's manual and took it for a ride!

buell_tt_05_29_10c.jpg

buell_tt_05_29_10b.jpg

buell_tt_05_29_10e.jpg

buell_tt_05_29_10d.jpg

Yes, I saw it there a couple days ago....also a nice 08 Uly they have. Nice staff over there, treat folks good.

Back