• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TIRES

Reaction score
Anybody ever run the Pirelli Scorpion Sync tires? I need new rubber for the GS and was looking :angel: for some feedback.

Thanx!

I have Pirelli Scorpion AT on my KTM , traction is good dont see much slideing around on pavement off road they dont have much to offer . Life is short 8000 M , 3rd rear and I need a front. I have Tourance on my Cagiva and have been satisifyed with them . I just rode Deals Gap with 2 friends on GS one with Tourance and one on TKC's and all preformed well good luck . SEYA

:tab There is an issue with the front Tourances. Occasionally, you will get a tire that wobbles regardless of how perfectly balanced it may be. This is supposedly a known issue for Metzler but I have no idea what if anything they have been doing to make good on bad tires. I have had two out of the last four I have ordered that have had this problem. SWMototires swapped it for an Anakee at their cost and I just rode the other one. The wobble is similar to what a tire feels like when it is badly cupped. Until I head something positive about Metzler resolving the issue, I won't be buying anymore front tourances. For the rear, the Tourances are great. If you nurse them, 10K miles. If you like to zip and zoom, maybe 5K miles. If you have a good front, it will generally go about 10K miles before it starts cupping pretty good. The Anakee fronts are comparable to the Tourances in performance and longevity. No experience with the Pirelli's on a GS, but liked them a lot on my VFR 800. They seem fairly popular with the folks on the AdvRider site for those that stick to the pavement.

Tourmeister said:
:tab There is an issue with the front Tourances. Occasionally, you will get a tire that wobbles regardless of how perfectly balanced it may be.

I apparently have a wobbler, so I'll be calling SWMoto to see what they can do to remedy the situation. :-(

Back