• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Visiting Austin June 9th-13th Looking to Ride

Dirty1

Reaction score
Hey Austin Crew- I'm Dirty Sanchez over on ADVrider and also on Dualsportridersoflouisiana.com.

Over on ADVrider I do the Loctite thread and will be working the Loctite booth for 4 days at the Republic of Texas Biker Rally Thursday through Saturday. Pleased don't be alarmed, I'm not a Pirate and don't own ****-less leather chaps.

Am checking in here to see if any of you might be getting out this week or this weekend to show a tourist some nifty Hill Country rides.

I'll be heading to town on Wed. PM and can ride each day but will need to get back to the Rally location for 2p each afternoon.

I can ride on Wed., Thurs., Fri., and Sat.

Originally I was planning on heading back to Baton Rouge on Sunday AM, but if any of ya'll are getting together for a good must-do ride, I might be tempted to stick around an extra day.

My trusty steed is a 640A with knobs, and am game for everything from twisty tar to gravel/jeep trails to 4 wheeler trails.

This coon-**** wants to ride! And I might just have some extra Loctite goodies to share:trust:

Dirty

At the very least you should come to our Thursday lunch meeting at Billy's Burgers. I don't do much riding during ROT unless I head north or east. The Hill Country gets ugly for those four days.

I can only imagine it turns into a 35 mph parade.

At Sturgis last year (booth work again) parades were everywhere, but as soon as you turn off of the hard top, you're all by yourself.

This is more my speed.

Billy's Burgers? A fella's gotta eat.

Dirty

At the very least you should come to our Thursday lunch meeting at Billy's Burgers. I don't do much riding during ROT unless I head north or east. The Hill Country gets ugly for those four days.

Not trying to hijack the thread, I promise;-). But where exactly are you talking about? I went to the ROT rally last year and we did some great rides during the days and I didn't run into any more bikes then I would on a regular weekend out here in SETX once we were 10+ miles out of town.

The reason I ask is because I'd like to avoid 'parades' this year as well. Were we somehow just lucky? :lol2:

Fredricksburg, Llano (Cooper's) and Willow City Loop used to be discussed frequently on the V-Twin Forums.

Yep, I was out on a dual sport ride early Saturday during ROT last year. Coming back in on 1431 there were several parades of bikes heading out towards Marble Falls. However, if you are in the gaps between groups you might never notice. I just happened to be going the other direction. It is only a pain if you catch a big group going slow.

Dirty - I know some places to ride where I guarantee there will be no Harleys :)

Probably best to hook up with one of these rides. :trust: I can put you in touch or I might be up for one myself if you don't want to sign up with yet another motorcycle forum :lol2:

Dirty -

There's a ride going out on the Urban DS thread this Saturday AM... keep an eye on it...

Justin

Dirty -

There's a ride going out on the Urban DS thread this Saturday AM... keep an eye on it...

Justin

I'll keep my eyes peeled for this. Do ya'll have a standing Urban Ride thread, or a normal meetup location?

Am in town now and parked on the 7th layer of **** in the parking garage downtown.

Hahahaha! I'll bet your are (parked in the 7th Level of ****). One reason I never go down town... :)

There are the usual trails and I think two primary meeting places for the Urban DS rides. I've only been on one of them... very good times. This one is meeting pretty early on Saturday morning to try and get it done before the heat comes on, so hopefully you're not too wasted from Friday night :deal: We're going out of the Jack in the Box at Montopolis and Ben White, meeting at 08:00. There are some other good trails north of here if you don't get enough on Saturday. :trust:

Do Harley owners actually ride their bikes? Seems like the ones I see are always parked, on a trailer, in a pickup . . . or broken down. :-P DOH! :duck:

I am kidding of course and have a friend who bought one to try and "one up" me when I bought my new Versys back in April. We will both be at ROT along with another friend who also tried to "one up" me by buying the largest Triumph cruiser I have even seen. :eek2:

Dirty - I know some places to ride where I guarantee there will be no Harleys :)

Do Harley owners actually ride their bikes? Seems like the ones I see are always parked, on a trailer, in a pickup . . . or broken down. :-P DOH! :duck:

I am kidding of course and have a friend who bought one to try and "one up" me when I bought my new Versys back in April. We will both be at ROT along with another friend who also tried to "one up" me by buying the largest Triumph cruiser I have even seen. :eek2:

I know some very easy ways to one up them on the Versys. Take them on any one of the gravel roads north west of Johnson City and that should cure them. :lol2:

Back