• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Please Delete

Excellent report. Good to know about the crash bars on the big orange beast doing what they are designed to do. Time for some flush mount signals maybe?

:clap::clap::clap:

great report. the vids were awesome, dont worry about how you think you look, it looked like a good time and i dont know anyone who hasnt slipped around on hill country crossings, we all know how slippery they are.

Excellent report, best one on the Hill Country in quite awhile. Lots of good pics. I'm impressed with the stills from the helmet cam.

And anybody who thinks the James River isn't slicker'n'snot just isn't paying attention... and it helps when the guy coming to get you takes a big flying digger into the water on the way! (Seen that more than once!) Love the slow laying down of the DRZ and the swan dive of the KLR pilot. I'm 1 for 2 on that darned crossing... crashed the KLR and survived on the DR.

Awesome travelogue! Great photos and vids!
If I may ask, which helmet cam do you use? Looks like wide-angle lens still shots.

Kudos for being great DS representatives out there!:clap:

Awesome travelogue! Great photos and vids!
If I may ask, which helmet cam do you use? Looks like wide-angle lens still shots.

Kudos for being great DS representatives out there!:clap:

TexasShadow- I am using a GoPro helmet cam. WE got it last year for the TAT trip. There are two versions out right now. The newest one is HD and runs around $250-$299. The older version (mine) runs $149-$199. It will hold a ton of photos and videos. The downfall is that you have to use Lithium batteries. They don't last all day and you have to reach up to take a pic and have to change modes to take a video. Overall, the camera is great. Check out our RR from the TAT for more helmet cam pics.

Thanks for the comments!

great report, really enjoyed it. The first water crossing vid had me laughing out loud

Forgot to mention... high-siding a brand new big orange bike on pavement... OUCH... :eek2: :giveup:

I was at that same "Garden Spot"(took the same cliff photo) a few weeks back on the GS when I road down that way the pie run. Really fun roads back there, and yes, those water crossing are slippery as can be. Great ride report.

im trying to find the link titled (fred 2 llano ) am interested in taking the route can u tell me where or how to get to the link please

Back