• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fittysom'n anything goes thread

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Brown
This thread is for all discussion regarding whether or not Fittysom'n should or should not buy an SV650. I urge everyone to please respect Fitty's thread and don't hijack it by posting up reply's that do not relate to Fitty's urge to buy an SV650.

Re: Anyone from here going to Dales Walkers Holeshot BBQ

I spoke to him recently and would LOVE to have accepted the invitation, but I hafta work..... and any requests for time off have been met with resistance at work.
I'd like to call in sick, but it's bad mojo to claim "sick" then fall off the bike a hundred miles from home.
Besides, my tires are thinning and I just got through plugging my rear tire tonight from a nail picked up upon returning home from seeing my father this morning.
I'da loved to see an assembly of Bandits!
:rider:

If Fitty only has a bike that fit him, maybe he could go on rides

I spoke to him recently and would LOVE to have accepted the invitation, but I hafta work..... and any requests for time off have been met with resistance at work.
I'd like to call in sick, but it's bad mojo to claim "sick" then fall off the bike a hundred miles from home.
Besides, my tires are thinning and I just got through plugging my rear tire tonight from a nail picked up upon returning home from seeing my father this morning.
I'da loved to see an assembly of Bandits!
:rider:

Hey Fitty, have you ever thought about buying an SV650 so you could go on more rides?

Uuuh, well..... I hear he's got rides planned both Saturday & Sunday, and a BBQ Saturday night(?). I'm giving thought to changing out the oil & filter, calling in to work Saturday morn', and taking my tires down to bald by riding over to join y'all for the loop. But honestly, I don't think I've got balls enough to feign illness over the phone so I can go play wit' the guyz.....
No, I don't think I'm going. But I'll be calling to order a fender extender from him today and might ask for an address & departure time for Saturday's ride.

Will Fitty finally take the plunge and buy an SV650?

Uuuh, well..... I hear he's got rides planned both Saturday & Sunday, and a BBQ Saturday night(?). I'm giving thought to changing out the oil & filter, calling in to work Saturday morn', and taking my tires down to bald by riding over to join y'all for the loop. But honestly, I don't think I've got balls enough to feign illness over the phone so I can go play wit' the guyz.....
No, I don't think I'm going. But I'll be calling to order a fender extender from him today and might ask for an address & departure time for Saturday's ride.

I really think that you should take the plunge and buy an SV650.

fender extender BBQ

Kinda changing the subject but I put a front fender extender on my 2007 1250 and it looks good (at least not bad) and keeps a LOT of stuff off the pipes, radiator etc. It's got sticky on it but I drilled two small holes into the front fender, added rubber washers and black screws and I think it looks nice. I also finally added a rear hugger and it seems to be working OK.

Ol Dave

Thanks for reminding me.....
been meaning to call the last couple daze to order an fenda extenda from Holeshot. Was busy yesterday putting a new 'Road2 on the back, gonna put a 'Power2 on the front in another 1,000 miles.
I'm thinking 'bout hanging some kind of (black) chain mesh from the extended fender to deflect screws/nails/particulate that frequently punctures my rear tire.

Will Fitty search for the holy grail of SV650's be sucessful?

Tune in next week for another exciting episode staring Fittysom'n in Search of the Holy Grail of SV650's and find out if he finds the motorcycle of his dreams.

I am soooo jealous of Dale and his fellow Banditos....(!) Not only did I miss Dale's rides, the BBQ, Mexican food, and the banter that followed, I also missed out on yet another group of riders.... -JaBoB- ("Just a Bunch of Bikes"). My rding buddies were staying just a mere 35 miles from Dale's place at the Topaz Lake Lodge, and apparently THEY had good rides, good food, and plenty of small talk also. My life story, always working weekends, always working evenings; but that might soon come to an end if I retire come December.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... abreviated (unrelated) rambling to follow:

Well Banditos, I've been looking/dreaming/thinking/wanting a second bike. I've been looking for a 2003-2006 fuel injected, naked, SV650 w/upright handlebars. I want a 'fun' small bike to throw around the twisties, while keeping the tires, chain, miles, and general wear down on my sport-touring bagger Bandit.

I've got a thing for a blue SV650, with the tubular frame, and upright bars/naked fairing...

I've got a thing for a blue SV650, with the tubular frame, and upright bars/naked fairing...

Loved my '03... not sure why I got rid of it sometimes.

sv.jpg

trey

OHMYGOD trey!

THAT is 'THE' look!
Suzuki Blue, fuel injected body style, Holeshot high mount, and a Mazda 3 in the background!!!

I soooo want a bike that my short legs and T-Rex arms can feel (at least) a little more comfortable reaching for...... I soooo want an SV650 with full Yoshimura system and suspension. And I've just found out (had my tubes serviced by) Spear's Racing who is fifteen minutes from here.... they make parts for race SV650s & Super SV1000's world wide.....

Yeah..... why did you sell that beautiful blue SV with it's Holeshot???
(I know, it's kinda expensive to own one motorcycle, let alone TWO!)

Re: Fittysom'n contemplates buying an SV650

Not that the first generation SV 650's were not any good. Its just that the 2nd generation 2003 model and up have more HP and Torque. They have fuel injection, led tail light and updated instrumentation. Yes, there is times I still wish I had mine, as well.

:sun:

This thread is for all discussion regarding whether or not Fittysom'n should or should not buy an SV650. I urge everyone to please respect Fitty's thread and don't hijack it by posting up reply's that do not relate to Fitty's urge to buy an SV650.

I might have come to the barbecue but it's too far for me....:rofl:

Just kidding Bandito....Sorry about being involved in the hijack.:giveup:

I vote "aye" on getting an SV650.

Track days, street sport riding, light touring, cafe racer, even light off-road. The SV will serve in all those roles.

I currently own 2 bikes. But after I sell my Triumph Sprint, it'll probably be the end of my owning a European marque. Too many miles to shops and too many years of driving those miles for service I can't (or don't want to) perform.

An SV650 (I like the S model) would make my list of replacments. The others are an FZ1, a Z1000, or an SV1000S.

Gosh I envy you Golden State (my home state) Bandit owners. I'd ride 500 miles to attend Dale's BBQ. But 1,676 miles is a bit outta range.

Good luck on the search Fitty, sometimes that's half the fun!

I bought my son a 2007 SV650 a few months ago (2,000 miles on it, stock, not a scratch, $2900).

It's a beautiful deep metal-flake maroon/red, lighter than the bandit, seems more nimble than the 1250, fun to ride, sounds nice, has an interesting torque feel and sound - and I don't like it. :eek2:

Not even remotely a quick or fast as the bandit - NOT even close. More forward seating (hurts my back after only a mile or two). A good learning bike, fully freeway capable, but not my style - the 1250 has spoiled me... :doh:

I'm not sure how fiftysom'n could ride a bike where 110 is near the top end, instead of where he shifts into 3rd...:trust:

Attachments

• IMG_3573.jpg
    IMG_3573.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3574.jpg
    IMG_3574.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

I bought my son a 2007 SV650 a few months ago (2,000 miles on it, stock, not a scratch, $2900).

It's a beautiful deep metal-flake maroon/red, lighter than the bandit, seems more nimble than the 1250, fun to ride, sounds nice, has an interesting torque feel and sound - and I don't like it. :eek2:

Not even remotely a quick or fast as the bandit - NOT even close. More forward seating (hurts my back after only a mile or two). A good learning bike, fully freeway capable, but not my style - the 1250 has spoiled me... :doh:

I'm not sure how fiftysom'n could ride a bike where 110 is near the top end, instead of where he shifts into 3rd...:trust:

The SV650 has a very favorable power to weight ratio and very nimble handling. It has a top speed of 125 mph, not to shaby for a little V-Twin 650cc motor.
In addition its quicker and more nimble in the twistys compared to a SV1000. Quarter mile time of 11.87 @ 110 mph is not to bad either.

:sun:

My (our) apology for the redirect/"hijack" of this thread. It was an impulsive move to mention it in my post, I shoulda started a new thread.

Last edited:

A good friend of mine has an SV650 that I've rode. What a great little bike. Made him leave an '03 DL1000 in an apart mode in his shop and get a DL650 because he like that little engine so much. Think the DL1000 is still in the Apart mode along with about 30 other bikes that don't run but sure look pretty. LOL. But, when you can buy a Ducati SS1000 just because it almost matched the paint on your Mustang Super Cobra in Red. What the Heck?

My (our) apology for the redirect/"hijack" of this thread. It was an impulsive move to mention it in my post, I shoulda started a new thread.

Well it's not the first time you've done this, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

El Bandito, how about I open my post with the obligatory,
'Dale's BBQ musta been fun!'

There, THAT outa the way,
now......
Thanks RichBinAZ, I pasted the link among my favorites. Since having my fluid replaced, the brakes are much improved now; but not completely without said "mushiness". Once spoiled by good brakes, it's hard to simply 'settle' for anything less. I loved the integral/computerized simultaneous distribution of braking between the front & rear on my BMW, and the effectiveness of my FZ1 brakes.

Bleeding via your linked pictorial, and some better brake pads, will help the Bandit (w/ABS) though......

My wife and I saw a blue sv1000 the other day...Man it was a nice looking bike.

whitesands.....

I've been reluctant to answer by posting on Bandito's thread, but what tha heck:
I rode a couple hours away to look a beautiful blue SV1000 '03 Naked..... Ohlins, Yosh', Galfers, OHMYGOD! It rode nice too. But I hadda stick to my plan of finding a $3000 mid-size and dialing the suspension in for ME. Now that I've got the little 650, I'm discovering how expensive the upgrades can be if the SV is to be taken to a level just short of putting a Gixxer front end on it.....

whitesands.....

I've been reluctant to answer by posting on Bandito's thread, but what tha heck:
I rode a couple hours away to look a beautiful blue SV1000 '03 Naked..... Ohlins, Yosh', Galfers, OHMYGOD! It rode nice too. But I hadda stick to my plan of finding a $3000 mid-size and dialing the suspension in for ME. Now that I've got the little 650, I'm discovering how expensive the upgrades can be if the SV is to be taken to a level just short of putting a Gixxer front end on it.....

Fitty,

In case you haven't noticed, I've bailed out of my thread, so feel free to post up whatever you want. I've even renamed the thread for you. :scott:

Back