• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

any chafing from long term bra use?

Reaction score
First Name
andru
Last Name
boz
I figure some bikes have been wearing the suzuki factory tank bra for 2-3 years now. does it mark up the paint much? seems to be one of the few bargains left at $36.95.

If I had to do it all over again, I woulda put some 3M adhesive clear vinyl film on the tank BEFORE adding the bra..... my FZ1's tank showed considerable abrasion from a rather soft appearing bra; I wouldn't chance it again on any of my bikes......

I was going to suggest he ask the ladies.

See, I can't stay quiet for long.

My wife never had a Bandit... only a Suzuki Savage. But she said chafing was only a problem in the summer.

cool . i'll probably order one this weekend.

The model I have has a soft lining inside and it fits snugly on the tank. I store my bike inside a garage so it doesn't get wet (unless I'm riding in the rain, of course). Its a good idea to take it off every once and a while and wipe the tank down. I do that once a year and put 10K+ miles on my bike every year.

Here is a photo of the one I have now. Had one on my 2G B-12 as well.

tank bra - click here

Thanks for keeping your heads about you, boys. When I first saw the title of this thread I thought "Oh, no, how fast will THIS one head for the gutter?!" :rofl:

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought "Oh, no, how fast will THIS one head for the gutter?!" :rofl:

Well, let's not be mistaken here. Mentally, all our minds went straight to the gutter.

We just knew better than to post what we really wanted to say....:lol2:

Well, let's not be mistaken here. Mentally, all our minds went straight to the gutter.

We just knew better than to post what we really wanted to say....:lol2:

yup, basically.

Scott...that Avatar ? one of your bikes ? Hope not, but if it is...story?

I guess I should probably post up a little back story on that since I have been getting so many questions and comments about it, hehe. It's mine, or was... :doh:

Been using one on the Gen 1 for nearly a dozen years. Woks very well, no chaffing.

The only issue don't let it get wet or rained and have heat evaporate it. It will cloud the clear coat. I'd remove it before it has a chance to dry. I think this is part of the instructions

Back