• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need a good LOUD horn

TDub

Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions? What have you tried and settled with? Thanks,

FIAAM Freeway Blasters. Both the low and high tone horns. Cheaper & louder than the Stebel, IMHO. You can get both horns and the wiring harness with relay for $31.96 FREE SHIPPING.

If you don't want to order the Stebel, you can get the same thing at Harbor Freight under the name Wolo Bad Boy. $40 when I bought one a few weeks ago.

I also have the Fiamm Highway Blasters. Fiamm also makes a flat style horn that is only 2 Db less than the Highway Blaster and will bolt right in place of the stock horn. It a;so comes in both low and high tones.

On my 650 I have a low tone Highway Blaster paired with a High tone Fiamm flat horn. On my 400 I have just a high tone Highway Blaster. If you go this route and only want to install one horn, go with the high tone. It is louder than the low tone.

I am on my second set of Freeway Blasters on the FJR. The first set failed after some extended wet riding. The snail shaped horn cover can trap water. I deed to drill weep holes in my new ones.

I have the Stebel on the KLR. It ROCKS!

I installed this Bad Boy on my bike. Very similar to a Stebel and just stopped at my nearby Harbor Freight to get it. Works great and makes cars MOVE!!!

image_2875.jpg

http://www.harborfreight.com/bad-boy-air-horn-94117.html

I'm rockin Rivco Airhorns on my 1800R and they are awesome at waking up sleeping drivers.

3313454975_87b39414b5_o.jpg

Best pic I have of them- they're under the highway peg, sticking through the crash bar, just forward of the left floorboard.

Also waking up the yearly safety inspection kid- the last time he actually complained that he thought I'd perforated his eardrum 'or something' :D

Putting a Stebel horn on a bike is the equivalent of doing this…..

Thanks for all hte suggestions my friends!!!

Tom, are you going to be at Pizza Shack Thursday night? I have Stebel Magnum horns on the Tiger if you want to compare them to stock before you make your purchase.

If you don't want to order the Stebel, you can get the same thing at Harbor Freight under the name Wolo Bad Boy. $40 when I bought one a few weeks ago.

thanks RedPill --- this was convenient so I picked one up and it's on now. Much better!!!!!

I mounted it where my stock horn was, and it's obviously bigger, so will have to check the clearance more next ride, but think it will work.

My thanks to everyone for their thoughts....

Have a Stebel on my 650 V-Strom which will definitely wake the dead.
Hubby has the Fiamm Highway Blasters (dual tone) on his FJR1300. Fiamms are not as loud as the Stebel but they fit nicely.

Dont have one on my bike but we pulled a Tim Allen (Hoooohooo) and put a 6 volt horn from a forties model car on my dads jeep (12V), Oh my lord it will blast so loud it will make you jump outta your skin. Just dont hold it on for to long the voltage will burn it out.

Dont have one on my bike but we pulled a Tim Allen (Hoooohooo) and put a 6 volt horn from a forties model car on my dads jeep (12V), Oh my lord it will blast so loud it will make you jump outta your skin. Just dont hold it on for to long the voltage will burn it out.

I've always been told 6 volt horns from old VW Bugs really put out a loud blast - like the road runner beep on steriods (when hooked to a 12 volt system).

I have a Stebel, and it is louder than anything else I've found that can be easily adapted to a motorcycle. But I don't like that it's so high pitched, so I also added a Fiamm or Hella (don't remember) low tone electric disk horn. The combination of the two sounds is absolutely horrible.

Some have reported reliability issues with the Stebel, but mines been working fine for a couple of years now. Here's some good factual information on horns:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-horns/motorcycle-horn-comparison.htm

You can pick up a horn from a late 90s BMW car for just a few bucks at a junk yard. Theya re easily mounted and very loud.

Back