• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Requesting Prayers and Good Thoughts, Please

Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Last Name
Donnelly
As most of you know, Chris and I have a son, Jeff. He just turned 22 in July.

He is going to undergo open-heart surgery August 29, 2005 to replace his aortic valve.

He was born with aortic valve stenosis - his aortic valve does not open or shut all the way; blood leaks back into his heart, which can backup into his lungs. His valve is giving out, so it must be replaced.

He will be at Methodist Hospital in the Medical Center in Houston. It is one of the world's top hospitals for heart surgery, so he's in pretty good hands.

Please say a prayer and have good thoughts for Jeff to help him (and us) through this time.

Thanks!

Chris and Cindy, my thoughts and prayers are with you and you family. Best wishes for a prompt recovery.

Of course I'll be thinking of him. All the best to you and your family!

Please keep us posted and let us know if you need anything!

I will definatley be thinking about him on that day. My Dad is also having surgery that day for a hip replacement. My thoughts will be with you guys too.

Here's wishing that Jeff has a completely successful surgery and a smooth recovery. Same for Sassy's dad. Ya'll hang in there.

Hope all goes well today.

Our daughter was born early, with two holes in her heart. Having instantly started loving her more than life itself, it was quite a blow. In our case, we were lucky, as the holes closed over within 3 months.

I'm sending you nothing but the best wishes that all is fine... :-D

Jim spoke to Cindy around 12:00 this afternoon and Jeff is out of surgery. She said that things went really well and hope to have him up and walking by this evening. I'm sure they are comforted in knowing that everyone is thinking of them.-Linda

That's great news!
Glad to hear everything is going well and that he's expected to be up and moving so quickly.

Great to hear that, Linda!

It's amazing how quickly they get patients up and moving around after that kind of major surgery. Guess it helps to be young and strong too.

Back