• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

backroads from austin to corpus?

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
i usually take 183 from austin to corpus and of course i see all kinds of roads going off into the distance and wonder were they go...

i am just wondering if anyone here can recommend a road or route that i should try out on friday when i head down to corpus.

thanks in advance!

It's not super-backroadsy, but it's a nice change to take 35 to San Marcos, then 123 to Karnes City and 181 on to Corpus.

i plotted out a route using garmin roadtrip software and have the gpx... if anybody would like to review it and comment, that would be cool. (hope the file uploads)

Attachments

• austin to cc via backroads.GPX
    154.7 KB · Views: 298
It's not super-backroadsy, but it's a nice change to take 35 to San Marcos, then 123 to Karnes City and 181 on to Corpus.

I'll "third" this route, used to run it quite a bit back in the day.

i just went that route last weekend. the reason i didnt like it was because there were just as many semis as there were on 35. i came back on 183 and the road was practically all mine.

think i will stick with that until i can figure out what some of the county roads might do.

Back