• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sturgis anyone?

Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Last Name
Anderson
Anyone else heading to Sturgis?
I'll be leaving San Angelo Thurs at midnite and plan to ride straight thru. Anyone wanna meet along the way?

Have fun. One year I'm going to hit one of the big bike rallies just to see what it is like.

One year I'm going to hit one of the big bike rallies just to see what it is like.

I hope it's just like this:

sturgis-pics-39.jpg

Jealous that I can't go this year! Black Hills, Spearfish Canyon, Mt. Rushmore. I never get bored riding up there. Enjoy your trip.

I really want to see the area some year, when the rally isn't going on. Good luck and stay safe.

I was there two weeks ago. We made the "rounds." The hills were prettier than I have ever seem becuase they have had a lot of rain. It's a lot nicer there without the crowds. Enjoy yourselves. (?????)

STURGIS RALLY MOVES TO DISNEYWORLD
This year's Sturgis Motorcycle Rally will finally move from its traditional location in S.Dakota's Black Hills to its new home at Orlando Florida's DisneyWorld. Long-time Sturgis organizer Willy "High-Side" LaPeete said, "It's about time. All these riders want to do is fly into the nearest airport and cruise the last five miles into Main Street." Disney management plans to keep the family focus of the event. Corporate spokesperson Mary Hansek said, "It was really a no-brainer for us. We already have a Main Street and all the usual Disney amenities will be available but don't be surprised if you see our Mickey and Goofy greeters wearing bandannas and chaps." As for what this loss means for the community of Sturgis, a town councilperson speaking strictly off-record said, "After 70 years it's enough already. Let Disney have it. We'll be okay. In fact we just inked a deal with the Mid-West Royal Doulton Collectors Conference. Same demographic, though I suppose it'll be more of a cheap white wine and cheese crowd."

http://www.trophycycleapparel.com

Back