• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Looking for Las vegas trip ideas

Reaction score
First Name
Ron
I have already a Hilton Hotel paid for on the strip for Sept., trying to plan out how we're going to do it.

Not sure if we're ground pounding it or flying.
Just looking for input.

If we decide to drive, what are the scenic places we need to include from Dallas,Tx to Las Vegas, Nv?

If we decide to Fly what area attractions besides the strip, blue man group and obviously Hoover Dam should be planned into the trip?

beuller, beuller? :giveup:

Ron & Melissa

If we decide to drive, what are the scenic places we need to include from Dallas,Tx to Las Vegas, Nv?
Drive? What is this "drive" that you speak of? Don't you mean RIDE? :trust:

How long do you want to take to drive? Do you want scenery in general or some challenging roads to go with it?

Do you want to cut across AZ or come across the top of NM and AZ?

My answers will depend upon what your requirements will be.

"If we decide to Fly what area attractions besides the strip, blue man group and obviously Hoover Dam should be planned into the trip?"

I know that, at 500 miles round trip, they are not that close, but we always go to Bryce Canyon and Zion national parks when we go to Vegas by plane. We rent a small car that includes mileage and hit the road early. Just a drive thru is worth the time

Bryce canyon pictures
http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1T...&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1677&bih=903

Zion pictures
http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1T...tle&resnum=5&ved=0CEgQsAQwBA&biw=1677&bih=903

Wow thanks for the quick replies guys!
I took the initiative and already looked WOW beautiful ~
I have always wanted to do the Route 66, since I was a kid on my Grandpa's couch watching old movies with him.

Keep them coming if you have an idea.
When she gets home this evening we will look at ya'lls links, and post some thoughts and such.

Ron

Mt.Charleston has some stuff to do. there is an awesome bed and breakfast right by the golf course. Fremont st. is kinda cool, they have a street show that's pretty impressive at night.

Sweet, I LUV Vegas and I'm not even a gambler - maybe $20-40 a trip.

Never saw Blue Man group but the show at the Wynn is excellent. Mystere is incredible too. Zumanity at New York New York was fun. The Amazing Jonathan (forget the hotel) was hilarious. Hoover Dam is cool but just get the 4 hour trip out there. Anything more is overkill. Coaster at New York New York and the ride at the Stratosphere are worth doing. I actually liked the wax museum at the Venitian. There is a restaurant inside the Venitian called The Lux that is owned by the Cheese Cake Factory that is very good and somewhat reasonably priced.

Our favorite buffets were at Mandalay Bay and also the Rio (off the strip) Take a free shuttle to the Rio for the buffet and the Mardi Gra Parade inside the hotel each night.

There is a booth at each side of the strip that offers 1/2 price show tickets for most shows except the Cirque Shows. Well worth stopping to see what they have left.

Haven't been in 2 years and it is killing me. I usually go for the Shot Show but getting canned from my last LEO job put a damper on that. Thanks Craig! :angryfire

Sweet thanks again for the replies!
Sharkey were u on FWPD? know Matt Davis?
And could you give some more info on the 1/2 price ticket place THANKS!

Still up in the air which way we're getting there, hopefully will have concrete travel plans soon.
Showed Melissa this post finally and she agrees with the suggestions.
Ideas appreciated, and point taken on the HOOVER 4hr trip instead of the extended tour.

I'd fly but that is just me. We usually do a pkg. deal but you already have your hotel. Might try Southwest, I just saw an ad for sale fares.

The 1/2 price spots are located: by the big M&M store across from New York New York. Another one is in a kiosk by the mall on the strip. I believe they carry tickets that haven't been sold by the shows and they offer 1/2 price to move them. There is a digital list of what is available as you walk in. No scam or anything just go in and tell them what you want. The seats we get have always been fine.

I'm not ex-FtW and don't know Matt.

Have fun. You usually don't get to see everything you want in the time you are there. Of course, you will want to catch the Bellagio water show that plays nightly (can't miss it), the outdoor Trasure Island show is pretty cool, and the aquarium at Madalay Bay is worth the ticket price.
The most cash I won was at the Golden Nugget Downtown and as someone already mentioned, the light show downtown is worth seeing at least once. They had a free shuttle off the strip that would take you downtown.

Check out a couple LV sites for more info. Don't go to jail down there. I've seen the show and it ain't pretty. :mrgreen:

Back