• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What is the status of the Texas T Connie?

Gilk51

Reaction score
First Name
Charles ("Chuck")
Last Name
Gibke
Hey Brian,

Did you ever get the 12mm hex socket that you needed?
I saw another package at Autozone today & bought it in case someone needs it...

How is the Connie progressing?
Will you make the December pie run? :-?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Gilk51 said:
Did you ever get the 12mm hex socket that you needed?
I saw another package at Autozone today & bought it in case someone needs it...

I found it at Autozone and bought it even though I didn't need it. For $8, it's worth adding it to the TWT toolbox. I had needed the 14mm for my SV, but hadn't found it before selling the bike.

Squeaky said:
I had needed the 14mm for my SV, but hadn't found it before selling the bike.

Fer what? My axel bolt was 12mm, which was why I just happened to have one for the Concours. As fate would have it the Concours requires two, so I was still one short. :-P

I don't know if it was 12 or 14 now that I think about it, but I could only find up to 10mm at the time.

I'll need it at some point....

So anyway... is the bike back in rideable form?

Brian is ignoring us. :-(

But wait! Maybe he is in the garage working on the Connie! :mrgreen:

I guess we're gonna have to call a wrench session at his house and go put it back together for him. :lol:

<in my best cheesy French accent...>

We will taunt him a second time....!! :-P

Brian, I am sorry I called you a lazy bum! :-(

Please tell us how this is all coming along... :-D

OK, so you are just a bum... :-P

I know he's been seeing this thread... why is he holding out on us...?

Actually, this is the first time that I've seen it.

Yes, I've been a bad, bad, lazy boy. Between the work schedule (note the time/day of this posting) and the heat there hasn't been a lot of initiative on my part to get out in the garage. Even with the AC on in the garage the best it can do is about 81. And that's if I am working directly in front of the air flow.

I did get the 12mm socket from Snap-On so there's no more excuse to not getting the front tire changed at this point.

Attending the Pie Run yesterday did raise the "I wanna ride" quotient within me a bit but now it's time to go start my commute to work.

New Metzeler went on the front today.
New rear is mounted to the rim but I need to lube the splines before remounting the wheel.
Did the valve adj today (what a MAJOR PAIN IN THE... ummm... rear area).
Need an adapter to get my half inch torque wrench to work with my 3/8 sockets and start torqueing bolts.
Still need to do a LOT more stuff but I may just say screw it and put the bike back together so I can ride.
I can work with the garage door open and have lots of natural light, or I can close the door and work with my halogen lights until it hits 95 in the garage and then turn on the AC unit and everything goes off because the wiring can't handle it.
:-(

My back hurts.
:(

Hurray! Some progress!
righton.gif

At this rate, when will you grace us with your presence on a pie run?
(no, not in the 4-wheeled thing like last time)
smilewink.gif

Probably next month. I could throw it together for this one, but then I'd have to tear down for the other stuff again. And that's assuming nothing leaks when I start it up this time!
:D

And my back STILL hurts.
:(

Yeah Kurt, you're not kidding. I leaned over a lot of fenders in my younger days as I did most of my own engine work on my HS drag car, but that was MANY moons ago. And dummy of dummies... I had the bike on the lift when I was doing the valves and it never even occured to me to take the bike higher. DOH!
:rolleyes:

Back