• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Picturenaut

I use Photomatix. Never heard of it but since it is free, try it and let us know.

Excellent thread. I know very little about High Dynamic Range but I do love the results.

The only question I have at this point: my impression is the true HDR photography is done by taking several different tonal images of the same scene, then building from there.

This piece of software appears at first blush to do that job from a single image.

Either way, very good catch on this.

different exposure levels of multiple identical images although you can do it to some degree with a single RAW image
HDR tutorial

/opinion on
HDR to me is like icing on a cake or sauce on ribs. A little bit is great; too much and it sucks. Wildly intensive color/exposure ranges are interesting to look at the first couple of times, then it just looks "loud" to me. YMMV. Offer not valid in Guam or Afghanistan.
/opinion off

Last edited:
I've seen some nice work come out of Picturenaut. I use Photomatix mainly because that was the best option back when I was starting HDR. Also, I haven't tried the latest version of Picturenaut, but the last I heard it doesn't do batch, which I use often.
Just about everything in the gallery on this site was done with Photomatix (plus some PS tweaking):
http://www.clfryphoto.com/

Wow, those are some very reasonable prices he charges for his work. I can't think why anyone wouldn't want to use his services.

Wow, those are some very reasonable prices he charges for his work. I can't think why anyone wouldn't want to use his services.
Real Estate Agents can be really cheap. The good ones get it, in fact I have one in particular that uses me for absolutely everything, even lots and 'less-than-nice' homes, and she sells. It's all about making a listing stand out from the others relative to it. It's hard to get most to part with their money though, even though it doesn't cost them much more than the time to do it themselves.

I've seen some nice work come out of Picturenaut. I use Photomatix mainly because that was the best option back when I was starting HDR. Also, I haven't tried the latest version of Picturenaut, but the last I heard it doesn't do batch, which I use often.
Just about everything in the gallery on this site was done with Photomatix (plus some PS tweaking):
http://www.clfryphoto.com/

very, very nice. :clap: I can see how that use of HDR really adds to saleability of properties.

I use Picturenaut occasionally, yes. I don't do HDR very often so it did not make sense to me to go buy something. What I really love about it is the automatic alignment of photos, so I can take a few photos handheld and it does (generally speaking) great job in aligning them.

I did also install the plugins, which do give you some extra bling, depending on the photo.

Back