• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment: - #38 ARCHITECTURE

Tracker

post tenebras lux
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Architecture, buildings, houses, courthouses, & barns or some other aspect. We have threads on them, paint them, build them, tear them down, & spend lots of money on them.

All are encouraged to submit a photo, you don't have to be a camera guru OR have a fancy camera. So dust off that manual and figure out how to expand your skills!

Use this thread to post examples and to get critique. A different thread will be opened up for your actual entry submission.

This assignment will run from now through midnight, August 30th. Use this thread for current shots or shots previously taken. All shots submitted in the ENTRY thread must be taken between now and midnight August 30th. The ENTRY thread will be opened up for you to post your actual entry. All forum posting rules apply.

707799292_aYmK9-M-1.jpg

505286124_fZZay-M-1.jpg

755735457_c4SKf-M-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is gonna be hard, I can already tell... :mrgreen:

awesome shots, Casey. Hope you'll submit for the contest.
I love poking around in old houses like your NM shot.

awesome shots, Casey. Hope you'll submit for the contest.
I love poking around in old houses like your NM shot.

Nah, not much for contests, I'll leave that to you guys. Besides, almost everything I do is hdr, which, if I remember correctly, is against the rules.

Is that the place with the little canals in OKC?
Yep, I was the architectural lead on the project. It was an interesting project, a cast-place-concrete structure built in 1930. Needless to say there were a bunch of things discovered during construction.

Here is what it originally looked like.
jdmp1-25n.jpg

jdmp1-25s.jpg

...and the canal and clock tower under construction.
3-15-99_shaft_form_looking_west.jpg

did a little photo-adventure in the hood this weekend.

979206453_TCmWA-M.jpg

979216532_tq2nz-M.jpg

979142512_32P9A-M-1.jpg

Decided to go capture some zeros and ones today around Town Lake. Hot, harsh sunlight at 2pm, but I was able to grab the following:

986095476_g6v6P-L.jpg

986097397_krdY5-L.jpg

986105422_xJbL7-L.jpg

Janet,
I really like how that image appears 'split' when it isn't. Sorta play with the old melon to grasp what you are looking at. :thumb:

I thought about submitting this one for the assignment, but didn't think there was enough 'architectural' elements involved.

986100922_ycPxA-L.jpg

I thought about submitting this one for the assignment, but didn't think there was enough 'architectural' elements involved.

986100922_ycPxA-L.jpg

Nice pic. Like the comp and color.

It says more "engineering" to me, than "architecture". When I think of architecture, I think of periods, styles combined with engineering. That's just me, but I'm the judge, so I get to think whatever I want. :-P :lol2:

Back