• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DFW riding gear taylor?

Reaction score
First Name
Rex
I have an Olympia Moto Sports Airglide jacket and pants. They came with an 8" connecting zipper in the back, but I'd much prefer a full circumference zipper to connect them. Does anyone know of a good taylor/seamstress in DFW who has experience with working on motorcycle gear? I really don't want to take a chance on having a novice screw up my jacket and pants.

If nobody can come up with a suggestion for you, give REI a call. They may have a contact for somone who repairs their outdoor gear.

Pete

If you use a good quality dry cleaners with in house alterations have them check it out. I use Park Central in north arlington off of Collins for my snow ski repair and they do a great job. Multiple tears and rips on coats and pants, zippers, you name it.prices are alwaya good.

I recently had the heavy-duty zipper on my tank bag repaired, and almost nobody would touch it. Tailors at the local cleaners all said it was too thick to go through their machines.

I finally went to Houston Shoe Hospital, and they said it was a piece of cake. Granted, they are a little pricey for zipper repair but they are skilled at all kinds of luggage repairs so they know what they're in for. If you guys have some kind of equivalent chain up there, that'd be a good place to start.

Good post Mr. Hammer. Wife has been trying to find gear but due to her size no one has anything that will fit her. We contemplated going large on jacket and having arms shortened, but have not found anyone yet to do it.. Maybe something will turn up...

Roy

Back