• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Which TX State Parks Allow Dirt Bikes?

Reaction score
Obviously some do, some don't.

Is there any place to look an find out which ones have open trails?

I don't believe I've ever been in a Texas state park that allows off-pavement driving or riding. Possibly, some of the far-western parks with more acreage: i.e. Hueco Tanks or Tom Mays. If you find anything, please post.

Street legal and on the roads only , I dont think any state run place allows dirt bikes or atv's . SEYA

Street legal and on the roads only , I dont think any state run place allows dirt bikes or atv's . SEYA

I should have re-phrased the question since I got my DRZ plated today.:trust:

Which TX State Parks allow dual-sport riding?

Barnwell is closest of the OHV listed stuff (about 40 miles away). I need to go try it out although I hear it has plenty of sharp rocks and can be rather technical in some spots. I enjoy moderate hill climbs, interesting trails and such, but tend to avoid that which is likely to leave my old body bruised and battered at the end of the day.

Eisenhower allows Offroad bikes and atvs on designated trails.

Back