• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Banjo bolt thread?

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the banjo bolts in the brake system on the 1250 are 10x1.0mm, or 10x1.25mm?

Also, I've noticed that the fittings on the Suzuki brake lines (where the banjo bolt goes through) are much wider than I've seen before. If replacing the stock brake line(s) with SS lines, can I reuse the stock banjo bolt?

Thanks

Does anyone know if the banjo bolts in the brake system on the 1250 are 10x1.0mm, or 10x1.25mm?

Also, I've noticed that the fittings on the Suzuki brake lines (where the banjo bolt goes through) are much wider than I've seen before. If replacing the stock brake line(s) with SS lines, can I reuse the stock banjo bolt?

Thanks

They are 10 x 1.25. When I replaced mine with the Galfer SS lines, the kit came with banjo bolts matching the narrower Galfer banjo's. So I would say yes, you will probably need matching banjo bolts.

Thanks Dekenai.

How's the weather in Canberra this time of year? I was there about 4 years ago in early spring and really loved the place, but have to admit I have no idea what the winters are like.

Hi Bluestreak,

Actually we are just coming out of winter now, weather turned last weekend and now the blossom tress and wattle trees are out in flower. Battening down for a wet weekend though; up to 3 inches of rain are expected.

Anyway, winter in Canberra is not too bad, no snow to speak of and cold and clear nights down to the mid twenties, and clear and sunny days in the mid to high fifties. A good time of year for dirt-riding :-P.

Let me know if you find yourself back here, sure I’ll find a cold beer somewhere!

Regards Dekenai

Back