• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

3 SISTERS ADVICE

Reaction score
hey!!! Quick question.. I have ridden the twisted sisters many times, but my boss is leaving for vaca next week and is wanting a route to take.. I never have a route or follow any map, but I practically grew up down in the area.. so I don’t need a map but I don’t know where to tell him to go:doh:

Can anyone give me some exact roads and or suggestions to help my boss man out??? He is coming from the Dallas area..

:rider: stacie marie

Get him to Fredericksberg and tell him to take Hwy 16 South. Take it to Medina where 337 starts. He'll take a right on 337 and run it to the end at Camp Wood. From Camp Wood, he'll take 55 North to Barksdale. He'll cross a bridge, then have him start looking for FM335 to the right. Run it all the way North until it dead ends into Hwy 41. Go East on 41 and the third sister (FM 336) will be on his right to the South. Run FM 337 all the way south to Leakey where he'll pick up FM337 back to the East and Medina where he started.

Fuel in Medina, Leakey, Campwood.

Hope it helps....

He has it nailed and that is my favorite way to
ride the loop as well. Although the run up 41 to the
oak tree is worth it. Wide open sweepers and glass smooth pavement

Tell him to get to Fredericksberg and just start wandering around, eventually he will end up doing the 3 sisters. But there is a ton of stuff to see all around there.

Try this oldie but goodie

2003Banditfest.jpg

The first route suggested is right on, did that last spring. Other Highway to peruse is 39 out of Kerrville. State Parks: Garner is the biggy, along the Frio, but will be booked up. Then Lost Maples State park, which is near the 337 Sister road I believe? It will also probably be booked up.

Food: Leaky, look for an Italian Restaurant, it just changed owners, but is still very good, just can't decide on pasta or pizza :eat: Sorry, can't think of name at the moment, but its the only one, on west side of US 83 there.

Concan: About 20 miles south of Leaky is the area of Concan...not exactly a town, but several cabins/campgrounds along the Frio River south of Garner State Park. In Concan, look for "Neals" restaurant, very good, ate there several times last year.

Utopia: Place to get a piece of pie, restaurant is on a corner, east side (forgot name). Good pie, not so friendly folks however.

If for some reason he's in Bandara, OST Restaurant is the popular bike place, especially for breakfast. Also a good coffee shop just next door that opened up.

My wife and I spent a year there this past school year, Sabinal ISD...don't really miss the jobs, but the area was a lot of fun for a year.

Enjoy the Three Sisters, they were fun.

Scotchale

Last edited:
+1. Just print this map out and give it to him.

Only problem with that map is "visit Stonehenge II" - they are moving it to Ingram and it will probably be gone...

39 is fun in that area, though.

Nobody asked what the boss was riding. Oh well, Can't add too much to whats already been said except that 39 and 27 west of kerrville are fun roads but they, as well as 337 between medina and vanderpool are heavily patrolled at times. especially weekends. JMNSHO but 16 between frederickburg and kerrville aint all that great.

I've made a habit out of stopping at the garven store for jerky and sausage. FM 1340 between 39 and 41 west of kerrville is a hoot too.

The motorcycle museum north of vanderpool is worth checking out too.

There are also some great roads between medina and luckenbach FWIW.

The motorcycle museum north of vanderpool is worth checking out too.

+1 -- Decent food there, too. http://lonestarmotorcyclemuseum.com/

Other obligatory food mentions:

Medina - http://www.lovecreekorchards.com/
Tarpley - http://www.macandernies.com - Looks like they've moved a tiny big east. From Vanderpool (i.e., 337), just go south on 187 to 470, that's a fun stretch of road from 187 to Tarpley (just watch out for this bit of twistiness, it sneaks up on you).

Only problem with that map is "visit Stonehenge II" - they are moving it to Ingram and it will probably be gone...

was there week before last. this is what is left.
HillCountry002.jpg

Yes, the map is dated. I made it back in 2005, or so, for Kurt's Bandit Fest in the HC.

Back