• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tool Tubes

Squeaky

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Rebecca
Last Name
Reed
A while back I picked up a few cheap tool tubes - there are plenty of threads showing how people mounted them on big bikes and small (on ADV) but here's how I worked mine.

The front hole uses the back seat bolt, rear hole (drilled the tab) goes through the fender plastic and into the back-most frame hole. Seems to hold pretty well, only failure would be if the tab broke off.

Fuel canister will go on the left, and either water or extra tools will go on the right. The bag in the middle (ATV tank bag from Pep Boys) holds a decent tool kit and one extra tube already.

The only problem so far has been that I've now eliminated the spot I used to hold the rear of the bike to move it around or pick it up. One idea is to run a piece of webbing between the two seat bots (with grommets at the bolts) to create a "handle" at the back of the seat.

997624867_Yo5Rg-M.jpg

997624829_u8CER-M.jpg

Cool.... They need "Acme Rocket Booster Company" on the side of them though. :rofl:

edit:
Have you considered a strap of plastic-wrapped cable with an eye on each end attached to the mounting points? That way you'd still have a 'handle', but it'd be flexible instead of hard/fixed.

The only problem so far has been that I've now eliminated the spot I used to hold the rear of the bike to move it around or pick it up. One idea is to run a piece of webbing between the two seat bots (with grommets at the bolts) to create a "handle" at the back of the seat.

997624867_Yo5Rg-M.jpg

997624829_u8CER-M.jpg

The Tugger

There is no way this is a bike that Rebecca rides....there is no evidence of SAFETY WIRE holding anything together. The plate has bolts in place and the tubes look very secure. :trust:

The chain guide (black piece on the swingarm) doesn't reach its bolt anymore and the headlight has all of a sudden stopped working. And the original inspection sticker fell off. Better? :lol2:

Cool.... They need "Acme Rocket Booster Company" on the side of them though. :rofl:

edit:
Have you considered a strap of plastic-wrapped cable with an eye on each end attached to the mounting points? That way you'd still have a 'handle', but it'd be flexible instead of hard/fixed.

"They need "Acme Rocket Booster Company" on the side of them though."
THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!!!!!!! LMBO!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
It would be great you should do it!!!!!!

Back