• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Vibranator - Helps reduce handlebar vibration

Better be darn good for $70+.

Although from reading on how it works, if it really does what it says then it might be worth every bit of what one would spend on it.

If it drastically reduces the numness in my hands, it's well worht it. They offer a 30 days money back...

Funny name - sounds like the sequel to the much loved Shake Weight.

For what it worth, I've used a home-made remedy with great success on the 2002 HD 883R rigid-mount Sportster (a "paint shaker") that tugs our little sidecar rig: Remove grips, insert clear silicone type caulking into the handle bar ends, insert a roll (1-1/2 for me) of plastic-wrapped pennies slathered in the silicone caulking, plug the end with more clear silicone caulking, let the end cure, re-install grips (I did gel-type grips). Apparently, the pennies, being slightly smaller than the inside diameter of the handle bar, kinda float around in the caulking for a similar result. Smaller diameter bars would require something smaller than pennies.

I've been very pleased with the result. Vibration in the grips has been noticeably reduced, such that I can ride most all day without my hands going numb. If you already have the clear silicone caulking, cost is about $2 - plus new grips. And I'm glad it worked, as I don't have a clue how to clean it up.

By the way, this is not my original idea; I merely followed a suggestion found on xlforum.net. Lee

Another technique that people have used for years is to fill the bars with lead shot. I've heard good things about Bar Snake products, too.

Sent from my Evo 4g on Sprint

I sort of wish we had a rating system for vibration. Maybe a list of smoothest to most vibration. How does a DR650 compare to a Ninja 250?

Vibration is a real safety issue and I wonder why it has not been addressed more.

I sort of wish we had a rating system for vibration. Maybe a list of smoothest to most vibration. How does a DR650 compare to a Ninja 250?

If it were only that easy. My Warrior shook like a wet dog, but it was easily manageable for me because it was a relatively low frequency vibration. However, when riding Rachel's Ninja 250 it feels like it shakes much less, yet I notice that my hands will start to go numb much faster because of the higher frequency.

If it were only that easy. My Warrior shook like a wet dog, but it was easily manageable for me because it was a relatively low frequency vibration. However, when riding Rachel's Ninja 250 it feels like it shakes much less, yet I notice that my hands will start to go numb much faster because of the higher frequency.

I know exactly what you are saying. I prevously rode a beemer boxer and while it had a shake, I never gave it a thought. The Kawasaki Concours 14 shakes less but at certain rpms, that infamous in-line 4 buzz is noticeable-not bothersome but it is there...:rider:

In MY case, this device reduced the discomfort, but not to the point of recommending it.
It is hard to estimate the level, but I would guess ~40% less vibration and the numbness may be less severe...

I still need to contact the company for additional advise..

Last edited:
Back