• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Good news and thank you!!

Reaction score
Sasha had bone marrow biopsy and a spinal tap done Wednesday to test for presense of leukemic cells in her bone marrow and spinal fluid. Both tests came back normal! The first two rounds of chemo did their job and Sasha is in remission, now we just need to keep it that way. Because she is responding to treatment so well the doctors recommended to wait with doing the bone marrow transplant, finish the chemo (three more months or so) and hopefully that alone would be sufficient.

We are back at the hospital since Wednesday until Sunday night or Monday for the third round of chemo. After that it's three to six weeks of recovery with two more rounds of chemo, and if things go as well as they have been so far <knock on wood> we'll avoid the transplant and all the unpleasantries and possible complications associated with it. If AML (acute myeloid leukemia), as opposed to ALL (lymphocytic leukemia), doesn't come back within a year or two after the treatment is finished it usually doesn't come back at all - I for one sure am counting on that!

Of course nothing is certain, complications may arise any day and Sasha still needs platelets after these three rounds of chemo, but this is the first bit of very good news in a while and I feel like celebrating :)

Sasha's been feeling very well, active, eating and goofy as usual. She loves the Mike Larocco MX outfit that Pete got her and insists on wearing that all the time. What a biker chick.

We have just received the check from Scott Friday for all the generous donations of you guys who went on the fundraising ride. It went a long ways towards paying our big fat insurance deductible for this year - thank you so very much!!! And thank you again to all who gave blood and platelets, they all went to an incredibly good use.

Oh, and Sasha asked me to give you this message:

MVC-655F.JPG

Love,

Yuliya and Sasha

Great news!

Howdy,

:tab I'm thrilled to hear the good news! :chug: It's been a little depressing lately. Kuddos to Sasha for being such a trooper during all of this. I'll bet she has surprised you with her resiliency! Thanks for the update. I hope to see you out on the road again in the not too distant future! :)

Adios,

That's fantastic news. Kids who beat medical odds absolutely floor me with their resiliency and upbeat attitude...makes my eyes all squishy... :-D

tell her to hang in there. My mom has beat the big C twice now. The thing to remember is just keep going. you can not quit fighting it and you need to keep a positive additued (or as best you can) through it all.

Back