• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SW Moto Tires - Do they ever sleep?

kurt

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Brown
I ordered these tires on Sunday night. Then promptly changed my mind on which tires. I got a confirmation of the change at 10:38 PM on a Sunday night!

SWMOTO.jpg

You'll like those Pirelli's. They were way better feeling on the road than the non-DOT Michelin M12's I was running. The only place they aren't real great are mud and sand. I'm talking deep sand and really squishy mud puddles. Firm mud and shallow sand are fine. Everything else has been great, both pavement and dirt.

I suspect you won't be hitting dry sand washes like I was, so you'll be fine. Or at least not soon.

They're much better in the sand than many other DOT knobbies though, such as the D606. Not much of an issue around here though. My beef with them was that I only got about 1k miles out of the rear on average (worst 800, best about 1500).

SW Moto Tires is fast. no doubt. I ordered two tires Friday night and they were delivered Tuesday. Those guys don't mess around.

I installed the Dunlop D606 on the back of my KLR last night. This is a DOT knobby and it is really aggresive. Maybe too much.

Steve

Desmo said:
SW Moto Tires is fast. no doubt. I ordered two tires Friday night and they were delivered Tuesday. Those guys don't mess around.

Maybe they get things done so fast, they have time to mess around afterwards.
:lol:

Back