• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

plano to meunster

schrec

Reaction score
I think the we want to take a ride to Muenster this weekend, so can anybody recommend some good roads to get me from Plano to Muenster?

How about a good place to grab a bite in Muenster?

thanks a bunch.

Head up 75 to Anna and catch 455 west. I can't remember the roads once you get over by 35. Watch for cops in Westin on 455 as you come into town.

looking to avoid highway. my girl is a new rider, and probably not ready for 75 just yet.
we will probably go 5 to 455. then up 289 to fm 121 in gunter to N on 377 to fm922 then to FM 373 and that looks like it will dump into meunster.

I have been google mapping since i posted the original message

I am not a big fan of 455 either so we are only doing part of that road. my bike never feels good on that road. i have no idea what the deal is, but 455 is the only place i get that feeling. and it is only the part east of 377, 455 west of 377 is a great stretch of road.

5 would work too. If you are brave you can run up Preston to 455 as well where it intersects Celina just north of Prosper.

It's funny you mention her being new though. My first ride ever, I was tooling around the streets of Daytona where I bought my bike and was scared to death of hopping on the highway for the hour plus ride back home to Melbourne. Once on the highway I figured out that everyone was going my direction, nobody was turning or running across the traffic and we were all going close to the same speed. I was so much more comfortable on the highway than I was on the surface streets.

Of course, 75 up through McKinney is much different from I95 out in the middle of nowhere Florida, but I still am way more nervous on the city streets than on the highways. Of course, what bike she is riding may also play into the equation as well.

Good luck on the trip. She's new so most likely won't be pushing it much, but if you do, be careful on 455 as it's got a crap chipseal surface on it. Still a nice fun ride though.

We'll be up riding the tight twisties all weekend. I wish I could help you on a route, but we usually just freeway it up there.

As for food, the only advice I would give is skip Center Restaurant. I've been there three or four times and it has never really been that good. Our choice for food up there is in Lindsay, at a place called The Smokehouse. Darn good, pretty cheap, and fairly quick.

We ate at Doc's Bar and Grill on Labor Day. It was the only place we could find open. The burgers were very good. Tim wanted to split the sausage plate, but it came with cabbage, and I hate cabbage.

Never mind, you don't like FM-455. What 'doesn't feel good about it'? Just curious.
The previously stated horrible chip seal surface? That road was downright awesome several years ago. Then it started to wear down and they paved it with the cheapest and worst possible covering ever. Heck, the R1's ahead of me with their sticky supersport tires were able to rip that crap loose and fling it behind them while on the gas.

Where and when is the meet up point? I'll join you from Frisco............

My girl and I did this ride yesterday 10/3. She is a farly new rider, so I didnt get a big group together. Here was our route though

5 to FM 455 west
289 N to FM 121 (newly repaved and a pretty nice road)
377 N to FM 922
FM 373 N into Muenster (FM 373 is short but sweet, there are actually hills and curves)

Never mind, you don't like FM-455. What 'doesn't feel good about it'? Just curious.

it doesn't feel like I have any traction going into the curves on that road. plus the road surface is bumpy and that just throws me off. I will ride 455 if I have to, but it is not my favorite road. I am only talking about the section between 5/35 and 377. 455 west of 377 is a good road.

Back