• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2011 Suzuki GSX1250FA

Scorch

Reaction score
Suzuki is coming back in a big way! (Scroll down past the Gixxer 750).
GSX1250FAL0.jpg

$11.5 k...... Makes me think my 07 for 8K was a pretty good deal. Maybe it will hold its value a little better now.:sun:

New bike prices have become ridiculous over the past few years. I just don't get it.

And I must say, I hate the Bandit in full bodywork. Let's keep 'em naked, Suzuki. The bandit is way too cool a motorcycle to appear as just another generic sportbike.

There's plenty of them here in the dealers in New Zealand. They are selling a full tourer as well, with factory side bags and top box as well as a Suzuki tank bag and MRA Vario screen.

They are a nice bike (a Bandit, of course), but I don't much like the bulk of the fairing, which is fatter than the S model with the lowers fitted. The side bags are Givi V35s with a totally different lid, so have no coloured inserts (just a plain black lid), and look quite ugly. My K8 is set up as a full tourer and IMHO looks much better with the colour matched inserts.

At least with mine I can sportify it or tour it.

Attachments

• Suzuki_GSX1250FA_16.jpg
    Suzuki_GSX1250FA_16.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 206
  • 2010 SUZUKI GSX1250FA TRAVELER.jpg
    2010 SUZUKI GSX1250FA TRAVELER.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 307
  • side pic 2 compressed.jpg
    side pic 2 compressed.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 272
You would think for that kind of money, and for the effort they put into the looks and such, and for the amount of people complaining on the forums, that they would replace that *** seat from the factory and do it right. Go figure!

I do like that exhaust tip though........

I'm not crazy about the blacked out engine, though.

As for bike prices getting crazy, it's pretty simple. International currency exchange rates have changed. The dollar is worth a lot less compared to the Yen. Since Japanese bikes are built with Yen, it takes more dollars to cover the cost.

A specific example. When I was in Japan about 6 years ago, a dollar was worth about 101 Yen. Today it's worth 83. So 6 years ago, a bike that cost 1,000,000 yen would equal about $10,000. Today, with nothing else changing, a bike that costs 1,000,000 yen will equal about $12,000.

Add in the cost of improvements to the bikes (all that unobtanium doesn't come cheap, and adding lightness is always expensive), general inflation, fewer sales over which to amortize costs, and yeah, Japanese bikes have gotten a lot more expensive.

If the U.S. would get it's butt in gear and take steps to reduce it's budget deficit, you'd see some improvement. If we'd reduce the trade deficit, the situation would improve even more.

The cost is what helped my decision to leave BMW after 11 years and about 130,000 miles on them. Of course I was doing miles on a KLR650, DR 350's and DR 400s at the same time.
This present bike is probably going to be my last total street bike as if something would happen to it, I would more than likely just get a KLR650 and a little convertible car with standard transmission, heater and ac. ;-) Seems the older I get, the more I dislike riding in the cold and real hot temperatures that didn't phase me just 5 years ago.

I like it especially in all black. I agree bike prices are through the roof right now. 2011 GSX-R600's retail for $11599 right now!!! Yikes!! I won't be buying a new one anytime soon.

My new 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere is looking like a bargain at $13400 out the door!!

New bike prices have become ridiculous over the past few years. I just don't get it.

And I must say, I hate the Bandit in full bodywork. Let's keep 'em naked, Suzuki. The bandit is way too cool a motorcycle to appear as just another generic sportbike.

I totally agree, as that big old exposed silver motor was one of the main things that drew me to the 1250, and yes the fully faired one looks like just another cookie cutter sport bike.

I totally agree, as that big old exposed silver motor was one of the main things that drew me to the 1250 and now Suzuki has gone and covered it up, and yes the fully faired one looks like just another cookie cutter sport bike.

Yup....I'm not a fan of the fairings or black engine...And I agree, the silver colored motor is what I thought was the best aspect of the bandit's appearance.

I won't argue that Bandits should be nekkid, but that is one fine looking bike. If I can get sleek black hard bags for it, that's probably my next bike.

The silver engine added just enough contrast, the lines kind of get lost with it now. Maybe its better in person? But its still the same bike we all know and love. And that yen is crazy, all the imports have had big price increases this year.

If I got one, I'd get it without the luggage and put Givi V35s on it with coloured inserts. Much nicer looking than the plain black bags. What was Suzuki thinking! I see they already list a sport decals kit to make it look less plain

So, the hard cases are not included in the new Bandit MSRP, correct?

That may change if the bike doesn't sell well at the start. The '02-'03 Triumph Sprint ST had the cases as additional accessory add-on, then Triumph offered the bags "free" in '04. Same thing with the '05 ST. It'll be interesting to see if this happens with the GSX1250FA if it doesn't fly off dealer's floors

A copywriter was really earning his paycheck trying to put a positive spin on the higher price with this sentence.

"This is a lot of bike for less than 12K, even if the old Bandit retailed for less than $9000, as prices for Japanese motorcycles keep on climbing due to an unfavorable exchange rate."

It may be spin, but it's also true. The Honda ST1300 has gone up $2000 in the last couple of years with no improvements at all.

The ninja 250 went up almost 700 a year after the redesign, the versys went from 6799 to 7299, 600 supersports have all broken the 10k mark where you used to be able to get into open class bikes atvthat price point....all the while bmw, ducati and aprilia prices have started looking more competitive!!

They will return to previous prices, when the 1098 came out the price point for ducati looked far more attractive than the old 996's were going for

This definitely has to be something with the dollar/yen situation...Kinda a relief to have an earlier year model....

I got mine OTD for $7250, with helmet and full lower set and tax's paid $8199. List was $8200 for just the bike. I got mine in mar 08 and got the 07 model. Boy how times have changed :(

Comparing a discounted price on a leftover model with MSRP on a brand new one is hardly reasonable. If the '11 version doesn't sell, you'll be able to get big discounts on it in a couple of years, too.

As far as comparing MSRPs, the dollar has fallen about 20% relative to the yen because we've mismanaged our economy so badly. That alone translates to a 20% cost increase even before you add the cost of the bodywork, larger radiator, and whatever other improvements might have been made.

I got a great price even with trade in (07 DL1000 ) on my '07 Bandit S in April of O8.
They just don't sell that well down here. He had had that one and the only one he ever had, on the floor for a year with no bites.
Only other Bandit I've seen down here in my area is an '06 Air cooled in a town about 10 miles south of me. Young outdoor equipment mechanic owns it. Have waved but never stopped and talked to him.

Back