• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bikes I have painted (before & after)

jimbo

Reaction score
Here are a few of the bikes I have painted recently, didnt want to junk up Tim's thread so thought I would start my own.

Tim's KZ1000
before

tims1978kz1000ltd_01.jpg

After

1978_KZ1000_LTD_005.jpg

Kingsnake's Hypermotard
before

Ducati20Hypermotard20S2005.jpg

After

71010001.jpg

DSC02887.jpg

My Monster
before

DSC02564.jpg

After

DSC03723.jpg

DSC03724.jpg

I highly recommend Jimbo to anyone needing paint work. His prices are reasonable and so is his turnaround. And most certainly, the quality of his work is topnotch.

I rode the Rex all day today, but went home and got the KZ to take to coffee tonight. Everybody was gawking over how fantastic the paintjob looks.

1978_KZ1000_LTD_007.jpg

:dude: :dude:
timkreitzrevsit.gif
:dude: :dude:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to promote my services, I don't do bikes as a profit maker, auto collision repair is my main business, mostly insurance work.

I do bikes just as a sideline, mainly because I enjoy it. Wish I could make a good living doing just bikes, but even Jesse James was starving before TV.

I am just interested in others feedback, just what other riders think of my handy work.

Tim did you ever see Dennis R1? I painted it pearl white back before he moved away.

I also did the old VFR pearl white for Kingsnake, might have a pic somewhere. ( I bulit that seat cowl from sheetmetal)

t_vrf_415.jpg

my old army KLR

DSC04044.jpg

and my TWT inspired helmet

DSC02921.jpg

Those bikes look great!:clap:
I need my sv painted if you were closer I'd have you do it for sure.

You do good work, sir. Something to be proud of.

Very nice. I remember that KLR from the for sale thread - Tim's bike looks great too.

Very nice work Jimbo! :thumb:

I've painted my Mustang a couple times ( :doh: ) and the VFR as well as a few smaller projects with dad, so I fully understand how much work is involved. :clap:

I particularly like that helmet :drool:

Nice work on that Kawasaki. I've got an 83 Suzuki that needs fresh paint in a bad way.

How did you clean up the chrome parts and aluminum parts so well? ...other than lots of effort. Any tools / drill accessories / chemicals?

Chris

Nice work on that Kawasaki. How did you clean up the chrome parts and aluminum parts so well?

I used Simichrome and this kit:

polishingkit.jpg

I still have a long way to go, but as you can see by looking at the before and after pics, I've made pretty decent progress.

Very nice - love the work. I rented a paint rig once and tried to paint my first street bike. When I was done, it finish looked like cotton candy. Clearly there are some nuances I didn't grasp. Wish I had your particular talent.

WOW! Bikes are very hard, perfection in paint and color is rarly achieved, flaws will jump out at you. WOW! Even the helmet! Hope to see your work in person sometime. WOW! :clap:
Sam

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to promote my services, I don't do bikes as a profit maker, auto collision repair is my main business, mostly insurance work.

I do bikes just as a sideline, mainly because I enjoy it. Wish I could make a good living doing just bikes, but even Jesse James was starving before TV.

I am just interested in others feedback, just what other riders think of my handy work.

:tab There is nothing that prevents you from being able to have a thread in the Vendor Forum to promote your bike painting "hobby" ;-)

That helmet is too cool. Do the "plastic" parts take the same paint/treatment as the metal?

and my TWT inspired helmet

DSC02921.jpg

I love this helmet! I may have to go a buy another helmet just so that you can paint it. What would something like this cost?

Now that i'm in NM, you are alot closer then home. I gone to Midland/Odessa just for Popeye's chicken. So this would be a no brainer.:mrgreen:

Back