• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Handlebar Riser Question

Reaction score
I searched through the forum and found mixed reviews and responses so I wanted to start a new thread for a final verdict....

I am considering buying a set of these handlebar risers:
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4935/

They come in a variety of sizes. I am sure I can get away with the 20mm, or maybe even the 30mm on my 2009 B1250S with ABS, but what about the larger ones? Am I going to need to change the brake lines to do the 1, 1.2 or larger risers? Has anyone used these specific risers?

I think you will almost certainly need to change the brake line from the master cylinder to the manifold located on the lower triple clamp for anything but the shortest ones. I just put on a pair of Rox risers and there was very little slack in that line. I got a longer one made by Speigler.

Another thought: the risers you linked to will move the bars almost straight up, because there's little angle to the triple clamp. The Rox risers give you the flexibility to move the bars back some, as well as up.

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/showitems.cgi?subcat_id=268

+1 on the Rox Risers. These offer you the most flexibility with angle as well as height.

What bike are you installing these on?

In a Beemer, you are able to unhook the right front fork and reroute to the inside of the bars and that gives you amble slack. It’s a good idea to retighten the fork. 

What's with their shipping charges?

That would easily fit in the smallest USPS flat-rate box and they want nearly $15.

I'm really tempted though.

What's with their shipping charges?

That would easily fit in the smallest USPS flat-rate box and they want nearly $15.

I'm really tempted though.

It might be worth giving Twisted Throttle a call if that's the company that you are referring to. I ordered a pair of emblems for my Givi sidecases from them over the phone. The salesman that I spoke to gave me the USPS flate rate for $5. I think the salespeople can be more flexible than their website is.

I like the GenMar units, and the figment doesn't sound bad, but do you have the ABS model? Can anyone confirm that the hoses are tighter on the ABS model?

Yes, the master cylinder hose is tighter on the ABS version. The ends of that hose are a fixed distance apart, not affected by compression or expansion of the forks, so Suzuki didn't put any extra hose in place to accommodate movement. I don't think you'll get more than an inch of total rise out of the stock hose.

On the ABS, you will need to put a new line on from the master cylinder as Blue streak says.
Bleeding the air out afterwards is also a pain - this might help

I understand that risers make cruising easier on your arms and shoulders but how do they feel in tight corners and S-curves?

No problem whatsoever. You also get less fatigued if you're comfortable and pushing it all day in the curves.

It gets more annoying if you go with a wider bar as it takes more travel to turn it so response would seem sluggish to most.

Thanks, Streak. That "sluggishness" is exactly what I was wondering about.

Great, now I've got to go shopping for risers...:doh:

I was able to install these 1" risers without any modifications...

Dan, any troubles moving the handlebars lock to lock? How long have you had them on your bike? Would you mind posting some pics of the risers?

Thanks,
Greg

Dan, any troubles moving the handlebars lock to lock? How long have you had them on your bike? Would you mind posting some pics of the risers?

Greg, I havent had any problem moving lock to lock with my risers, it just barely touches the clutch resevoir on the windscreen at full lock. My bike is in a storage unit a little way away from my house, but I will try to get some pictures soon for you....may not be till the weekend though!!

Back