• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Throttle Body Sync Upgrades

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Brown
I was well over due to perform another throttle body sync check and replace the spark plugs. So after having my brother get me 4 free precision Wica liquid filled vacuum gauges, I finally finished making up my new throttle sync gauge bar to use for syncing the throttle bodies instead of the sync gauge stick I purchased from Motion Pro, which I found to be somewhat of a **** to use. I made the gauge bar so that I can quickly hang it from a tripod stand I have that I use to hang several other things in my shop on.

IMG_1755.jpg

I had already made up an aluminum tank prop for the rear of the tank, so Friday I set out to come up with a simple, out of the way front tank prop to get rid of the wood one I had made up out of 2x4’s which worked but left the tank more unstable than I liked.

I came up with up with a very easy to use front tank prop that slides between the handle bar risers, that has a support plate that the front of the tank rests on.

The rear tank prop bolts to the frame using the two threaded gas tank mounting holes, so once bolted in place the tank can’t slide rearward once it sitting on the front tank support making for a very solid and stable setup.

IMG_1761.jpg

Between the front and rear tank props I have tons of room to easily get to the throttle sync screws, spark plugs and the radiator filler spout and it’s very easy to set the tank up on the supports, and I now have pretty much unobstructed access to the entire top of the engine. :rider:

IMG_1760.jpg

I learn something new with every post...nice setup...I also now know where the radiator cap is :doh:

Back