• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

LED Turnsignals

These are the one's on have on the 600 bandit. They work fine.

It was simply asked of us if we tried these LED signals.... I answered accordingly.
- HOWEVER -
Since you asked......

I had a choice between the dark lens or clear, I chose to go the clear route for it's aesthetic appeal. I thought that there would be better contrast between my black bike and the (almost) white lens. IMO, the black/dark lens would be more aesthetically appealing against a red bike.

They don't double as running lamps, but someday I hope to buy a SignalMinder to hard wire into my flasher (auto' signal cancel that can be programmed, choice of bright running lamp feature, dim running lamp , or 'off', initial 'quick flash' option if you hold the turn signal button).

Currently my signals flash fast because I haven't wired a resistor in-line, but I'm good with that because they GRAB the attention of the cager behind me when I flip on the signal.

They recess into the fairing too far and are essentially ineffective as a front turn signal. I built up the 'hole' with some material such that the "flush mount" signal ended up sticking out a bit to be better seen from the front as a turn signal......; but I don't rely on my front turn signals, because I feel them unimportant as a safety feature (I heavily rely on my rear turn signals though).

They REALLY cleaned up the front of the bike, but if you don't like fast flash you need resistors. They aren't conspicous, so if you wish to be seen signalling from the front, forget about it during the day and/or without mod'ing how they mount.

008.jpg

You can find them with an actual bulb versus LED and they'll be brighter. I got a set for a previous bike and they worked well and were very visible compared to some of the questionable LED ones out there.

I picked up the 1157 brake / running "tower LED" light for my bike at Pep Boys and have been impressed with the increased visibility.

I picked up the 1157 brake / running "tower LED" light for my bike at Pep Boys and have been impressed with the increased visibility.

Do you have their part number? I can't get their search engine to find one. Tks in advance.

I have those exact same ones on the front of my bandit , they really improved the looks in my opinion , but are not too visible from the front . I swapped out the clear wedge base 'wing' lights for some bright amber ones and had planned to run then through a relay to act as blinkers ; but with all my other planned electrical mods [hid lights , horn relay , heated grip relay etc] I'm going to be out of room.
I found a couple of little aftermarket stud mount lights that I mounted through the black plastic plate on the bottom of the fairing in the wheel-well . Very happy with them , look like they belong there and really really bright

Attachments

• 0390.jpg
    0390.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 109
Back