• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

decent roads east of Plano

schrec

Reaction score
Here is a route that the lady and I run when we really dont have any place in particular to go. the roads are decent, some even have curves and hills.

We live near spring creek and alma, so we usually start out heading out Spring creek.
Left at Parker Rd. take this to the end at the light
left on to FM 1378
right on 3286 Fina station on the right
Left on FM 546
Right on Airport
Right on 380 QT at 380 and airport
left on FM 1827 first light after the QT
left on FM 2933 Top of the hill, convenient store at the corner
right on FM 545

FM 545 will take you into Blue Ridge, and you can pick up TX 78 there

not a bad route if you have no place in particular to go. YMMV

I've ridden that route a number of times and it is a good one. A slight modification that also works is instead of taking the left on FM 2933 continue on FM 1827 up to Co Rd 470, right on it to FM 1377, left on it to FM 545 where you can take a right into Blue Ridge.

I'm newly in Frisco, generally a Sunday rider and am trying this route this weekend if anyone wants to join. Hopefully someone who knows it.....

I will be out on Sunday and know those roads well. PM me if you are going out Sunday.

I have been doing that loop for years when I have to just get out and ride, but can’t be gone long.

FM 546 is a great road, as is FM 545.
However, FM-2933 is the most awesome high speed run around!
Especially the S turn in the half way before FM545.
Its pavement is the absolute best asphalt I have ever rode on.

I do alter the route a bit from time to time if I want more curves! Click for Gmap

I take a right off 545 onto FM-1827 and follow it back to New Hope.
Then Left on 380
Right on S Bridgefarmer Rd
The rest is easier to see on the Gmap.

However, FM-2933 is the most awesome high speed run around!
Especially the S turn in the half way before FM545.
Its pavement is the absolute best asphalt I have ever rode on.

totally agree with what you say about 2933, it has to be one of the smoothest stretches of asphalt in that area.

I will have to check out your alternate route, I have probably run it before, just never taken the time to write it down.

Still waiting anyone running from North side for Pie run...
If is nothing happen then I ll go run for donut run insteed of pie....:lol2:

Still waiting anyone running from North side for Pie run...
If is nothing happen then I ll go run for donut run insteed of pie....:lol2:

Im up for a ride... could go to Edom for pie or elsewhere.
If pie.. I would likeliy follow this route: linky ... (point A is by my house) would need to leave by 8:45 to 9am to be there around 11

Hi Bill
That would be nice if we can come up with some group from North side for Pie Run on saturday...
Let s keep in touch and will confirm again by Thru

Dwight

Im up for a ride... could go to Edom for pie or elsewhere.
If pie.. I would likeliy follow this route: linky ... (point A is by my house) would need to leave by 8:45 to 9am to be there around 11

Back