• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Leaves in the gutters.

ed29

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Hegarty
Just a friendly reminder to watch for wet leaves in the corners and gutters of city streets. I had a nice reminder yesterday afternoon in my neighborhood. Water tends to hang around in the corners where the concrete gutters make a low spot. Fallen tree leaves also gather there, creating a few owl snot spots.

The front of my KLR pushed for an instant then grabbed on the dry concrete, making for an unstable moment in the saddle yesterday. Water alone never caused a push as I don't boogie in the neighborhood streets. Rotting wet leaves are very slick. Be careful in puddles this time of year friends.
:rider:

Tim K., this won't apply to you unless you leave your stomping grounds. Leaves come from those mythical things called trees. :duck:

In spite of our silly responses, it's a good reminder, Ed. Thanks.

Back