• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Feel the Force Luke, dont go to the dark side.

Reaction score
110210NakedTop-i.jpg

Looks like the big H, might be importing this next year, just thought I'd post this. Some of you might remember me having a GSF in the past, but it got replaced by a VFR800 (which isnt any better than the GSF), and I might be interested in something more like my old bike, in the future.
joe

I like it. I'm on a naked kick too. I just read a review of this, the Z1000, and another cycle in Bike magazine yesterday. They gave the nod to the Z1000 but said Honda was more refined and a better daily cycle.

Good to see you're still alive and kicking guy. I like those naked bikes and their brute looks but they suck for long distance travel unless you windshield them some way or other.

In profile it's not bad looking (except for that pipe), but the front looks like it was beat with an ugly stick. Sorry, not for me.

http://0.tqn.com/d/motorcycles/1/0/U/K/0/-/Honda-CB1000R.jpg

I'm with you Bob.

From the first time I saw it I thought to myself, man Honda could have had a home run with this bike, but instead they ended up with a fowl ball. :eek2:

It would take an awful lot of "mawdifying" to make this origami looking bike even begin to look even somewhat palatible. :trust:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see you're still alive and kicking guy. I like those naked bikes and their brute looks but they suck for long distance travel unless you windshield them some way or other.

yes, right.
i agree.
some sort of handlebar mounted shield from a full fairing was my idea.
still lurking, joe

OOOooh, some slight modifications to some of the aftermarket GP style exhausts, such as those for the GSX-R, and those looks will improve quite a bit. Can't wait to see what they do for it.

As for the back wheel, a simple spoked design, say five spokes, would have looked much better, and probably cheaper to produce. Everything else looks great. I just think the wheel design stick out too much as if it doesn't belong.

Lastly, a trip to the powdercoaters for some black out and it wouldn't be a bad bike to look at.

OOOooh, some slight modifications to some of the aftermarket GP style exhausts, such as those for the GSX-R, and those looks will improve quite a bit. Can't wait to see what they do for it.

As for the back wheel, a simple spoked design, say five spokes, would have looked much better, and probably cheaper to produce. Everything else looks great. I just think the wheel design stick out too much as if it doesn't belong.

Lastly, a trip to the powdercoaters for some black out and it wouldn't be a bad bike to look at.

I also agree with you that the rear wheel has to go as, as besides reminding me of one of those plastic spin wheels on a stick that kids play with, it doesn't match the front wheel, which is not much better looking and looks like it took it styling ques from Honda's VTX1300 rims, and the mismatched rims besides being ugly in my opinion make the bike look like a parts bin bike.

If this bike had some matching simple design five spoke rims as you suggest it would probably make the bike much more visually appealing, and I bet if this change were made it would totally transform the looks of this bike.

The wheel is OK - it's that hideous headlight that would have to go. That is truly awful.

sheesh, i thought it might be tuff posting this here, home run, foul ball, ugly stick. tuff crowd.

Come on Joe, you can't after being absent for so long just drop in and post up such a turd of a looking bike like this, and then be upset when some of us have an unfavorable reaction to it. :doh: :rofl: :rider:

The title of this post is misleading. The Dark Side refers to running a car tire on your motorcycle's rear wheel. I came here expecting to get to espouse the virtues of car tires... instead it's an ugly bike. :mrgreen:

You mean this isn't a tire thread?

I ride a 1986 design made in 2000, I wear tee shirts and blue jeans. What do I know about style?

You mean this isn't a tire thread?

I ride a 1986 design made in 2000, I wear tee shirts and blue jeans. What do I know about style?
Me too! I guess we've both gone over to the dark side. Oh the shame!:shame:

when i meant "dark side" i menat κατὰ Λουκᾶν εὐαγγέλιον, kata Loukan euangelion, or τὸ εὐαγγέλιον κατὰ Λουκᾶν, to euangelion kata Loukan.
whats a valkarie?

Back